4G/3G Signal Sleep Mode?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After upgrading to ICS, i've had some weirdness happen to my phone, and i'm not sure if it's just my phone or part of ICS i can turn off somewhere, but if my phone hasn't been on (screen off) and i turn the screen back on, i don't have either 4g or 3g signal, but the signal will come back within 10 seconds of the screen coming back on. I have sent myself an email after like 30 minutes to see if i would get it through gmail, and my phone never let me know i got an email, and after going into the gmail app, it told me that it had no data connection and that I would have to reestablish, which I said retry and it worked after that. The weird part is that when my phone is plugged into the charger this does not happen, the 4g/3g signal never goes away no matter how long i've had the screen off for. Does anyone else have this problem, or know what might be causing it?

My phone was completely wiped prior to installing ICS, so i only have about 10 programs installed other then the main bloatware provided by verizon and HTC.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have come to find out that this must have been a glitch with the system, I factory reset it, and i have not had any problems with my data signal going out when it goes into a sleep mode.