Problems with my 4G going in and out fixed.

Peschon

Reaction score
When I got the Thunderbolt I knew i wasn't going to have 4G at my house, but the verizon map said I should have it at work. I show up at work and only seen two bars of 3G. At one point of the day I was looking at my phone and saw 4G pop on the screen for maybe one to two secs. after staring at my phone for 10 mins checking e-mail and such, i noticed that the 4G would come in and out every 2 mins or so. I was looking at the forums and noticed someone posted an app called "phone info" using this app to get rid of 4G to increasing battery life. I installed the app to see if I could disable the 3G and enable only 4G and to see what would happen. Got a lock on 4G and been running 4G for the last few hours with no dropouts. I'm not sure what will happen if I completely leave a 4G area, thinking I will have to change back the setting. Its kinda neat to have faster data connection on my phone then my work buildings two internet connections combined.

jawa6969

Reaction score
4g has been really bad for me today. My issue (I think) is that my house is near a 4g "extended area" so I think that is part of my issue. Today, I had to run some errands and usually, when I drive around, I get a solid 4g. Not today. In and out like always. It even got stuck on 1X for a bit.

First phone on a new network. Sigh. And yes, I knew what i was getting into. LOL.

OP
P

Peschon

Reaction score
4g has been really bad for me today. My issue (I think) is that my house is near a 4g "extended area" so I think that is part of my issue. Today, I had to run some errands and usually, when I drive around, I get a solid 4g. Not today. In and out like always. It even got stuck on 1X for a bit.

First phone on a new network. Sigh. And yes, I knew what i was getting into. LOL.

Did you try LTE only setting? Bet it will lock you into 4G?