Dropping WiFi Signal

xashaffer

Reaction score
First off I am rooted and currently running the Liquid GingerSense 1.2 ROM with the MR2.5 radio.

I've been having some issues with WiFi recently. It seems like with each new radio that comes out, my WiFi range gets smaller and smaller. Now with the combination of the newest radio and this ROM its gotten minuscule and also drops the WiFi signal whenever its left sitting for more than five minutes even when I'm right next to my wireless router and other places where I always have a strong WiFi signal. It picks it right back up within 30 seconds of waking up the phone but sometimes when it loses WiFi it switches to 3G or 4G which as we all know hurts battery life. What gives? Has anyone else had this issue with my combo of ROM and radio or any others?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jonathon1289

Reaction score
What speed is your router set to? Wireless G, N?
It also sounds like your wireless is shutting off... Go to settings, wireless, wifi settings, press menu> Advanced, and pick sleep setting. Set wifi sleep to never.

As long as you don't have a battery save option shutting off data, this will help keep wifi connected.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
X

xashaffer

Reaction score
I have a Wireless N router from D-Link and have never had any issues with it. And yeah my WiFi was already set to never sleep here on my phone. I had an original Droid Incredible before this and from the day I got the TB (the day it released) I noticed the WiFi range was shorter than the DINC. And like I said above its just gotten worse and worse and it definitely is NOT my router.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums