4.3" or 4.5" You Decide?

alboboy10

Reaction score
Definitely 4.3

Motorola generally makes long and slim screens. When I changed from the dx to the thunderbolt I noticed that.

joker402

Reaction score
Looks like 4.3 just like the X. Which I hated because every one else's 4.3 was more square than motos rectangular screens.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reaction score
4.5 with a 2.4" lip at the bottom..man you moto designers should be punched right in their suckholes = )

wseyller

Reaction score
The horizontal short side of the screen is hard to compare but it looks like the charge is at a slight angle. The long vertical side definitely looks longer on the bionic vs the charge. I can't see how this is not 4.5 Hopefully we will know soon enough.

Renae

Reaction score
The horizontal short side of the screen is hard to compare but it looks like the charge is at a slight angle. The long vertical side definitely looks longer on the bionic vs the charge. I can't see how this is not 4.5 Hopefully we will know soon enough.

Hopefully we will know in 1 day and 9.5 hours....ish. of course that is midnight on the 7th in EST.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MattHenson20

Reaction score
Alright guys I need help here so if you do a^2 + b^2= c^2 C being the hypot which should tell us what the diagonal screen size is. So when I do it I round a small bit but I use 6.5 and 3.5 respectively and I get a diagonal length of 7.38. So I was looking and thinking well maybe that ruler is metric and its cm so I converted it to inches and got 2.9 inches. So I dont know what to tell you may be its the phone as a whole not just the screen but take it or leave it just my .02

o_O :icon_eek: o_O

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Alright guys I need help here so if you do a^2 + b^2= c^2 C being the hypot which should tell us what the diagonal screen size is. So when I do it I round a small bit but I use 6.5 and 3.5 respectively and I get a diagonal length of 7.38. So I was looking and thinking well maybe that ruler is metric and its cm so I converted it to inches and got 2.9 inches. So I dont know what to tell you may be its the phone as a whole not just the screen but take it or leave it just my .02

So your saying you just dont know what those measusement units where? maybe it was just arbitrary.

i can read

Reaction score

So your saying you just dont know what those measusement units where? maybe it was just arbitrary.

Exactly. I could figure out the measurements by working backwards but I'm not sure that would help. I'm just saying that picture with the measurements doesn't help at all.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score

Exactly. I could figure out the measurements by working backwards but I'm not sure that would help. I'm just saying that picture with the measurements doesn't help at all.
Can't u do this as as like a ratio? 4.5/4.3 = 1.047

So see if the ratio of your 2 C squareds is similiar to 1.047

AdamPA1006

Reaction score

i can read

Reaction score

Can't u do this as as like a ratio? 4.5/4.3 = 1.047

So see if the ratio of your 2 C squareds is similiar to 1.047

I did a ratio so I did the Charge at 6X3and 3/8 and got 6.88 units so divide that by 4.3 (1.6)since we do know that screen size and then go to the Bionic at 7.38/1.6 and get 4.6 in screen so it is bigger than 4.5!!!!