4.1.2 Bug Thread

acorbett45

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first post but I wanted to start a discussion about noticed bugs in the new update and see if anyone has found fixes for them. I have found a few so far:
- Haptic Feedback for UI keys and unlock screen turns itself off, although it does not show it as deselected in settings; unchecking the box and rechecking it does not solve
- After compressing an expanded notification and closing the notification bar, they seem to expand again on their own (not sure if this is a bug)
- When initially adding apps from app drawer, the app icon seems to want to stay in the screen position it was in in the app drawer. This one is tough to explain. Its easier to try this and see for yourself. Same applies for adding widgets.
- Occasionally when launching the texting app from the lock screen, if held in landscape position, the homescreen briefly displays and draws itself elongated. This isn't major but it just makes it look kind of buggy,

This is all that I have noticed so far. I realize some of these are nitpicky but I just wanted to try to start a discussion to see if anyone else has the same issues.

pumbaa

Reaction score
My battery is burning like crazy!

I used to take my phone off the charger at 4 am and would still have 75% at the end of the night.. Now I have about 30%.

Looks like the OS is not going in to deep sleep.

pumbaa

Reaction score
Just noticed that my screen does not turn back on when I am in a call and I move my phone. I was on a telelcom and muted my phone. I wanted to unmute but could not get the screen on. Pressing the On/off button disconnected the call. I do not have that option checked either.

derpy

Reaction score
After installing the update, I've found a couple of things:
-My phone is a little warmer than usual, and battery seems to be draining slightly faster. I'm testing it today to see how much use I get out of it since the update vs before I updated.

-People are telling me that my voice sounds kind of muffled on the phone. Getting a few "what"s when I talk at a normal voice. I have to talk a little louder for them to be able to hear me properly.

-Plugging my phone into the computer, I get the drive with the utilities to mount just fine, but the internal and SD card don't mount on the first try. I have to plug and unplug a few different times before it gets recognized. This NEVER happened before.

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
I don't know if this qualifies as a "bug", but the Droid bootup sound is a lot louder and I haven't found a way to turn it down some. On ICS it seemed too quiet. Now it seems way too loud.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just noticed that my screen does not turn back on when I am in a call and I move my phone. I was on a telelcom and muted my phone. I wanted to unmute but could not get the screen on. Pressing the On/off button disconnected the call. I do not have that option checked either.

My screen returns just fine during a call. I wonder if this is a JB problem or just coincidence with your phone. The proximity sensor isn't doing it's job. Make sure nothing is obstructing it. If it's being blocked with anything, it won't work right. I don't know how to reset it if it's not blocked or if you even can. Have you done an FDR after the update? This seems to cure most if not all problems from an update.

Honda93

Reaction score
battery dies very fast, messages do not like to send while using wifi, browser seems slower, not really a bug but i get an annoying message saying im sending too many sms messages?

derpy

Reaction score
I've also experienced an issue with the browser slowing down to a crawl even over wifi using a gigabit fiber connection. I'm going to go ahead and wipe to defaults, all that fun stuff and see if any of this disappears.

Krenzy

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced dual volumes? That is to say, when you turn down the volume and watch it go from right to left, it never hits "Silent", and you have to wait for the volume dial to disappear, only to have to turn the volume down again? The first time, the phone icon doesn't have the lines coming from the receiver, the second time it does.

Battery life seems to have suffered slightly from the Xmas version to this one.

JDH

Reaction score
I notice that "home" is gone in the browser, I have to use bookmarks to get back to Google home. I am trying to use Chrome but find it much less user friendly than the stock browser but if the next is is going to make Chrome the default browser O felt I should get familiar with it. I really just don't like Chrome.
A couple other oddities with the ota but nothing to get upset about. My wife's Max downloaded a 120 some old emails most of which she had already deleted. Random mahjong screen goes black for about 1 second then comes right back on.
No diff in battery, at least nothing negative so far.
Gogvle really needs to get Chrome straightened out before the force feed begins

jmurra

Reaction score
killing my battery also

my battery is burning like crazy!i used to take my phone off the charger at 4 am and would still have 75% at the end of the night.. Now i have about 30%.looks like the os is not going in to deep sleep.
yep, my maxx is going through my battery twice as fast today as before the 4.1.2. They did something wrong.

derpy

Reaction score
Following FDR and complete wipe, the phone is a lot more snappier on JB. But the radio is not performing as well as it was before the update. This was something I noticed and was hoping would be taken care of with a wipe. At home I used to get 3-4 bars of LTE but now I am getting 0-1 in most spots and rarely see 2 and it's bouncing back and forth between LTE and 3G in areas where I used to be able to keep a solid LTE signal. At my work, I no longer see full strength signal on LTE, it goes between 4 and full, and I notice that I now have a longer ping time when running speed tests. 100-120ms vs 70-90 I would regularly see when testing against the same host.

I'm here at work right now and have been testing the battery on LTE. I do seem to be burning through it a bit faster now. With about the same amount of use during a 3 hour period off the charger, I'm now at 70% remaining whereas before the update I would be at 80% or 90%. No settings were changed, and I haven't even activated google now yet.

I must say, I'm less than pleased about the signal strength and I just hope that both that and the battery draining are just some kind of temporary fluke.

EDIT> Also, FDR did not fix the muffled sounding calls or the USB issue I posted about.

Last edited:

neto614

Reaction score
After jb update Foxfi stop working is there a update or other hotspot app that works

Danny123

Reaction score
Post-jb, my optimum app no longer streams TV shows anymore on my maxx. Most likely an app aside issue but related to jb upgrade.

**Edited - as of 4/3, Optimum put out an update that seems to have addressed the issue. Works now!**

Last edited:

GotnFX

Reaction score
yep, my maxx is going through my battery twice as fast today as before the 4.1.2. They did something wrong.

Have you all performed a battery calibration?

1. Use phone till low battery warning comes on

2. Shut down phone and charge while off..best to do overnight.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 again.

4. Use and charge as needed. No need to turn phone off while charging.

It may not seem like this will not do much at first but give it a couple of days. Also, at times, I've thrown in a short charge and found it seems to help with the battery lasting longer. Such that if I am at 40% and charge it up to 60, it seems to stay at 60 longer. Then at night I'd give a full charge while on.

Also: have you all changed your network mode from global to lte/CDMA?

Settings->more->Network mode.

No need to be set in global if you are in the US.