no sound in speaker bug found

Chukee

Reaction score
I have notice some people having issue with having no sound comming from the speaker. Two days ago this issue started happening to me as well. With mine the sound would all of a sudden start comming through the ear speaker instead of the loud speaker. Only solution i found at the time was to restart the phone or make a call and put it on speaker and hang up then sound would come back. All of a sudden it did it today. So i back tracked to see what might of caused the issue. I only did 2 things before i noticed that i had no sound comming from the loudspeaker. I used the play store and did a hangout using google plus messenger that came with the phone. I played with the play store a while and was not able to re create the problem. Then i played with the hangout using the messenger that is pre installed on the phone. Bingo. I was able to duplicate the problem 100 percent of the time. When i join or create a hangout and then leave that hangout i have no sound comming from my loud speaker.

So i know in my case the google plus messenger is causing my phone to lose sound when i use it. I even tried doing factory reset and not installing any other apps on phone and was still able to duplicate the problem when i used messenger in a hangout. I havent seen any other apps that is causing this issue but messenger. There could be others. If you are having this issue with your razr maybe what i have found on mine may help you with this issue.

I did try doing a search to see if anyone else has found this bug but didnt find any. So hopefully im not repeating what somebody else has already found.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have notice some people having issue with having no sound comming from the speaker. Two days ago this issue started happening to me as well. With mine the sound would all of a sudden start comming through the ear speaker instead of the loud speaker. Only solution i found at the time was to restart the phone or make a call and put it on speaker and hang up then sound would come back. All of a sudden it did it today. So i back tracked to see what might of caused the issue. I only did 2 things before i noticed that i had no sound comming from the loudspeaker. I used the play store and did a hangout using google plus messenger that came with the phone. I played with the play store a while and was not able to re create the problem. Then i played with the hangout using the messenger that is pre installed on the phone. Bingo. I was able to duplicate the problem 100 percent of the time. When i join or create a hangout and then leave that hangout i have no sound comming from my loud speaker.

So i know in my case the google plus messenger is causing my phone to lose sound when i use it. I even tried doing factory reset and not installing any other apps on phone and was still able to duplicate the problem when i used messenger in a hangout. I havent seen any other apps that is causing this issue but messenger. There could be others. If you are having this issue with your razr maybe what i have found on mine may help you with this issue.

I did try doing a search to see if anyone else has found this bug but didnt find any. So hopefully im not repeating what somebody else has already found.

Great investigative work. :biggrin: Now I'll have to give it a try and see if I can reproduce the problem.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well this sounds different then when my first maxx had the sound issue. I never used google + or hang out so it sounds like this is a software issue where what I was having and some others is a hardware issue but its still good information! Good find.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Unfortunately, in google play store it reports that this app is not compatible with the Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

dmwoods

Reaction score
Unfortunately, in google play store it reports that this app is not compatible with the Razr.

It should be. I will have it include the Droid RAZR. What Android version....etc are you running?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have the Razr Maxx. In google play it says at top that "Your device is not compatible with this version"

steeveegee

Reaction score
app installed fine for me i hope it works

it seems to happen when i get a call while i'm listening to music through the speaker or headphones both wired and bluetooth
when the call disconnects the music instead of resuming through the speaker is coming through the ear piece
cant get it back no matter what unless i reboot
its very very frustrating

dmwoods

Reaction score
app installed fine for me i hope it works

it seems to happen when i get a call while i'm listening to music through the speaker or headphones both wired and bluetooth
when the call disconnects the music instead of resuming through the speaker is coming through the ear piece
cant get it back no matter what unless i reboot
its very very frustrating

This should work better now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix

Last edited:

trustwiz

Reaction score
Same problem on Tango

Yes. I am having the same problem with my speaker on droid razr maxx hd. Whenever I use Tango, the speaker stops working after a couple of minutes and goes to the regular earpiece. If I press the speaker button to turn the speaker OFF, it goes ON. But shortly thereafter it reverts back to the earpiece. Does anyone have any fixes for this problem?