3G switching on Droid X

sownman

Reaction score
Don't know if this is normal performance or a problem. Any thoughts appreciated.

I'm in LA where 3G coverage is nearly everywhere. I've noticed that my phone when outdoors in unobstructed areas will be operating in 1x mode where I'm certain there is 3G, in fact there was 3G on other days. I'll watch it for 5 minutes thinking it might switch to 3G but it doesn't. I power down to reboot phone and invariably it comes up 3G. Do I have a phone problem ? It's like it gets stuck on 1x in a weak area and stays there until reboot.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had this same issue on my Droid a few months ago. I found that I didn't have to reboot. All I had to do was activate Airplane Mode for a few seconds and then turn Airplane Mode off and the 3G would come back. This issue persisted for week or two and then went away.

Good luck.

w-r-g

Reaction score
Got my phone 3 days ago and had the same issues the first day. I did a couple reboots and *228 opt 2 and it has cleared it up completely. I was only getting 1 bar in most places and 3G was consistently going off and on. Perfect working order now for 48 hours so I guess that fixed it. Good luck.

DEInc

Reaction score
Droid X stuck in 1x

My DX had a similar issue, *228 didnt fix it. Verizon replaced the phone. Before I sent the phone off in the mail I took a pic of the 2 phones. One shows 1x and the other 3G. There apperently is an issue with some DX's that have or corrupt their PRL.

horseshoe9

Reaction score
DEInc,
Excellent photo of my issue. No factory reset able to solve issue, PRL updates do not alter the flutter 3G/1X/3G. No Motorola or Verizon techs have solution, one blames the other. Occurs randomly and looks like it is reported on numerous sites.

FredW1

Reaction score
droid x wifi 3g

having problems with wifi not running apps!!!!!!!! when I am connected to wifi at home, the 3g goes off and none of my apps will work and having the same problem if airplane mode is on. It seems that none of the apps will work when connected to wifi. Is there a setting that I need to cange in order for apps to work on wifi????? All apps appear to work fine on 3g!!!
Need HELP:icon_evil:
Thanks Fred