3g goes away and 1x pops up?

BigDloftis

Reaction score
I was just curious this usually only does this at my house. But sometimes I look and and see the 3g gone and it has the symbol that says 1x in the spot of the 3g on the main screen?

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
That means it is going back and forth between a 3G an Evdo connection? Im not really sure what you are asking.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
You have a weak 3g signal so it will switch to 1x, this happens to me in the house ever since I got my Droid. Funny though it doesn't happen to my mifi at all, even when I sit it right next to my Droid it will show 3g which is by the way evdo and the Droid will show 1x when trying to surf. The minute I try to go on the web it shows 1x, but today in the house its giving me 3g when surfing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have a weak 3g signal so it will switch to 1x, this happens to me in the house ever since I got my Droid. Funny though it doesn't happen to my mifi at all, even when I sit it right next to my Droid it will show 3g which is by the way evdo and the Droid will show 1x when trying to surf. The minute I try to go on the web it shows 1x, but today in the house its giving me 3g when surfing.

It happens to me when I sit in my easy chair, but it happens far less with my Droid then it did with my Blackberry Storm.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me it varies from room to room. I see an app in Androlib and scan the QR code. When I do that, I'd better leave the room (or better still, the house) for it to find and download the app. I have a network extender, but that's only for calls.