3G drops to 1x on lollipop

Proctor183

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note Edge
I have a new Galaxy Note Edge and still have the issue of 3G dropping to 1x. Not only does it do it when on 3G but will do it when on 4g with our with out wifi on. My problem is I am constantly dropping business calls and battery usages is horrible as the signal keeps switching. Battery will last onl about 6 hours and that's not with heavy use. I had a Note 3 that had no issues and could do data while on a call. That was until a software update which I was told by Verizon I need to update to a new phone to fix the problem. I have taken the phone back in several times, they mess with the settings....advanced calling, download booster etc. but same result.

Any help?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums Proctor183! I had the same problem with my Note3 after I got the lollipop update. Someone suggested that I turn the phone off, take out the sim card, turn the phone back on without sim card. After a minute or two, turn phone off, put in sim card and start back up. My note3 is still not as good as it was before the lollipop update but much much better than it was.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk