bionic NO 1X

aarontsur

Reaction score
just talked to Motorola and talked to Verizon 6 times, asking a simple question, when 3G is weak would the bionic go into 1X mode?

Motorola said NO, the bionic is only 3G and 4G no 1X
Verizon was 50/50 some said yes it should do 1X some said no 1X

from my experience:

If you are always in a strong 4g area then you will be ok most of the time
If you are always in a strong 3g area then you will be ok most of the time
If you have weak 3G, the older droids would have connected using 1X, the Bionic will just loose connection.

and
If you move between 4g and 3g or have weak 3G or 4G you are going to loose connection and it may not come back for a while or rebooting the device. Verizon says it’s a known issue and it would be fixed next release.

I really don’t get the logic of Verizon to offer a phone that would not go into 1x until the entire network is 3G capable.

Congratulations Verizon, your data coverage now is worse than AT&T

if anyone has any insight into this please reply, because at the end of my working day (4pm eastern) i will go back to Verizon and return this phone and wait for the next phone. unless someone tells me that Verizon is dropping 1x support from ALL new devices.

I am returning my bionic today, you have only 14 days to return a device to Verizon.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I've seen 1x on my bionic, only while using pdanet for an extended period of time.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have been all over the country. I don't recall ever only having a 1x signal anywhere. The only time I have looked down and even seen 1x was just after wake up, and then it switched promptly to 3g. I have only been in one place with no signal at all, and that was deep inside the Great Smoky Mountain National park. Even there it was no signal to 3g without a stop at 1x. 1x won't exist if VZW doesn't broadcast it. Kinda like the TV broadcast switch to HD. The only constant in life, and especially tech... is change. Love it!

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
These phones are capable of 1x, my tb dropped into it before and also did my bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mamawm

Reaction score
Down here in rural Mississippi I'm on the very edge of Verizon's coverage (or any other carrier either) I'm getting much better 3g with the bionic than I did with the eris but I still show 1x the majority of the time. So to answer the question, yes the bionic is 1x capable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums