1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Bionic Network Type & Strength ONLY showing 1x

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by xsylus, Jun 11, 2013.

1. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Greetings. My friend got a droid bionic with a bad esn and ask me to flash it to cricket for him. I've flashed several different types of phones to cricket and have been successful at getting talk, txt, mms and 3G data working on all of them... until now. Talk and text work fine but the data won't work.

I've tried multiple prls but that doesn't seem to be the issue. One thing that has me concerned is that whenever I tap the "Network type and strength" option under about phone instead of showing both 1x and 3G information it ONLY shows 1x. Is it possible that the 3G radio chip on this device is dead?

I've tried switching between cdma only, lte/cdma, and global network modes. I've made sure data is enabled and data while roaming is enabled. The 3G icon NEVER appears at all! :mad:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give my friend the bad news that he has a faulty Bionic.:sad:

Is there any way to test the radio chips with an app or something?
  2. bbucks36

bbucks36 New Member

Ive never tried to flash to another network.. but if you have a Verizon sim card..flash the bionic back to stock and see if it picks up Verizon towers...
  3. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

I solved the issue. I was setting the phone to CDMA auto (PRL) since being flashed the 4G Lte won't work but the setting wasn't sticking. After some digging I found a post that mentioned going under the ##program menu >> Test Mode >> next >> next >> Network Mode. From there I just needed to set network mode to CDMA and EVDO which made the setting stick and made the phone use the prl from the NV rather than from the sim card. At this point the Network type and strength went from only showing 1x and having the signal fluctuating all over the place to showing more stable 1x and 3G signals. At any rate my friend is happy and I'm relieved it wasn't a hardware issue.
Search tags for this page

1x to 3g on droid bionic

android shows 1x

bionic only 1x working

droid bionic 1x

droid bionic 2 strength
droid network type & strength

droid razr only shows 1x

how to switch from 1x to 3g on bionic

how to switch from 1x to 3g on flashed bionic

my droid razr 1x

network type and strength