3g to 1x

Stizz

Reaction score
Hi, new user to the forums.

Unfortunately my problem brought me here: I've had my new droid by htc for a little over a week and have had 3g signal constantly at home and everywhere I have gone.

Last night it dropped to 1x and has stayed that way, i've tried *228 and turning airplane mode on and off again, little fixes people have told me to try but I remain stuck with 1x signal and I can't even stream a youtube video anymore.

Any ideas?

kpj313

Reaction score
I was having the same issue at work the other day, but eventual got 3g signal back. Strange conserdtion I usually have 3g @ work, I'd like to know why it was happing or if anybody is having the same issue.

OP
S

Stizz

Reaction score
It's just really frustrating because I had 3g for so a good week and no problems whatsoever and now I can't do half the things I want..

OP
S

Stizz

Reaction score
ok so I tried *228 again but instead of pressing 2 to update roaming area or whatever i pressed 1 to "program my phone"....so i waited about 30 sec and it said "phone programmed successfully" and the call ended. I looked at my phone and boom 3g again! hopefully it STAYS!