3D Launcher For DROID

Tegamal

Reaction score
I love the look of the 3d launcher, but I hated how it "snapped" into place.

Helix FTW!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
almost 10megs. Ill give it a shot if/when it loses some weight. : )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

CK, I understand what your saying. But you MUST give this a try! (I demand it! LOL). This thing is so smooth and slick, it's def and upgrade! Not to mention he is adding the 4 buttons at the bottom soon.

I DO NOT want those 4 buttons on the bottom like HTC does it. I despise that look LOL. When I read those 4 buttons were going to be added later that was the proverbial nail in the coffin : ) No way no how.

The dots are good though.

Slipstream

Reaction score
Honestly what the big deal about the 3D launcher? I would much rather have Helix and the 4 applications at the bottom.

If it ran faster and acted as a stock launcher then I might be interested once he adds the 4 applications.

I kinda agree here. What IS the whole community pining for the 3D effect thing?

Helix 1.3 Beta 2 on my 2.1 non rooted gives me a choice of shortcuts or dot nav, and it is full screen when open, swipe to close, and quick as all get out.

You only open your launcher to get to an app, then it's gone ... Really ... must be N1 Envy :icon_eek:

While I agree that Helix 1.3B2 is just as functional, it's also 3x more unstable. 1.2 ran like a champ for me, but 1.3B2 crashed 5-6 times a day when I used it. I'll take slower and a little less functional over unstable and frustrating.

If Helix 1.3 is as stable as 1.2, I'll jump back to that.