$299.99 on contract? are u kidding me!

EFGantry

Reaction score
Sanjay said that the Bionic was coming in the 2nd Q and we all know what happened with that. The Dinara I heard is going to AT&T wnrussall said that. So the only Motorola that will be coming to Verizon is Droid HD. Nobodies clear on that release still speculation. I hope for your sake that you are right I hate to put you on a suicide watch!!! :D.

yeah, i guess i should have been clearer... i know the Dinara is going to at&t, but my point was in the timing of release - if Dinara is coming out in the spring, and it's "months after" the HD, then that would suggest that the HD is coming in the next few months. couple that with Sanjay's statement, and i think most indicators are for release before end of the year. if it doesn't happen, then there's always the Prime. and if not the Prime, i'm sure i'll be able to pick up the Bionic pretty cheap by then.

no need for a suicide watch if it doesn't come out before the end of the year. Sanjay may need a protection detail assigned to him, but no suicide watch for me.... ;)

i'm still willing to bet we'll know a lot more about the HD in 2-3 weeks - after the Bionic is released, and the GS2/Vigor are announced/released. it seems that rumors of upcoming devices magically pick up in conjunction with competitors' phones being announced.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I would go with the Prime over the HD. I just don't trust anything Sanjay says. He's a horrible CEO in my book. He may run Motorola Mobility fine but he has no respect in my book.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Personally I would go with the Prime over the HD. I just don't trust anything Sanjay says. He's a horrible CEO in my book. He may run Motorola Mobility fine but he has no respect in my book.

i agree with everything you said, except the part about "he may run Moto Mobility fine".... :icon_ devil:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
He does seem like he's lacking that CEO spark that's needed to make people feel good about choosing his company over others.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Prime - Probably not on Verizon.

Droid HD - all we have is a picture - those stats you have are completely made up.

Who is wnrussell? And where did he say that?

The Prime was rumored to be in Verizon's offices last week, so I'm thinking big red may finally be bringing in a nexus device.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
He does seem like he's lacking that CEO spark that's needed to make people feel good about choosing his company over others.

And that's a big reason I don't like him. He does't make me feel like I want a Motorola product. The Bionic is "just a device" so why should I want it? I'm sure HTC and Samsung don't say their phones are just devices. They seem a little more proud of their work and like to back it up way more than Motorola backs theirs.

I haven't had a Motorola phone since 2005 but he almost makes me want to continue my non Motorola streak.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's actually in the DHD pre-release thread, at page 4. jroc is all over, so it's hard to keep the threads straight... :)

here's the link: Motorola Droid HD Pre-Release Thread - Page 4

and just to be clear, i'm not bagging on the Bionic. it's still in my top 3 phones right now. but, given what seems to be coming down the pike in just a couple months after release, i'm not going to jump on the Bionic right away. right now, the Prime and DHD are at the top of the list, so i want to see what those phones have. if i don't like them, or if they get delayed, i may very well go with the Bionic.

Well...I did get the pre release part right...lol. Yea...so much going on with pre release phones lately they are all getting jumbled up in my head.

well, you just need to have spent some time there. those guys have some very reliable info when it comes to moto devices. like i said, they were the ones who leaked the Targa specs 9-10 months ago. and, wnrussell leaked the initial renderings of the Targa...in March! Motorola's new Droid Bionic (Targa) pre-release thread - Part 1
in my experience following them, they don't speak out of turn.

Just to add to this: those who were in the Shadow/Droid X pre release thread at HoFo knows from that thread and probably some other pre release threads that they are on the reliable side.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Prime was rumored to be in Verizon's offices last week, so I'm thinking big red may finally be bringing in a nexus device.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Yeah, besides one of the specs is 4g lte and Verizon is the only one with 4g lte right now...even if att gets 4g lte soon it won't be reaching many people for quite awhile so why release a 4g lte phone only on att because by the time they have a decent 4g network setup theyll probably be looking at releasing the next nexus phone

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

Droidrage729

Reaction score
At this point motorola could put a turd in a droid box and label it bionic 4g lte and you would buy it lol

Reaction score
I don't understand why 4g phones are so expensive.... It's a cheaper technology lol

You have just been post pwned

yiannis

Reaction score
My OG Droid is slowly but surely dying...my NE2 was up last weekend, but none of the current phones is knocking my socks off, so I'm gonna wait. If the OG can hold out 'til the Bionic comes down in price, I'll wait.

I'm with you and wanted to add that waiting on the Bionic (like on the OG) will mean that the product will be more mature because developers will have had time to unlock the phone and get rid of bloatware and VZW will have issued some bug fixes.

And yes $299.99 on contract is way too expensive.

nalgon

Reaction score
Whiners. Don't like the price, buy elsewhere, or wait.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Relax uncle moneybags lol. Its a forum.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Yeah, wait a whole week or two for the gs2... I AM curious to see if Google will change much if anything with the current devices :eek:

You have just been post pwned

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Yea if the vigor cost this much it is waaaay more worth it then the bionic. Better screen 1.5 ghz dual core. Beats by dre headphones included etc I don't care that it's 4 g almost wish it wasnt

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk