$299.99 on contract? are u kidding me!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
wnrussell is one of the reliable insiders at HoFo.

He said it in the current Bionic pre release thread, should be on the last 1 or 2 pages.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Prime - Probably not on Verizon.

Droid HD - all we have is a picture - those stats you have are completely made up.

Who is wnrussell? And where did he say that?

they aren't "made up" - i don't do that. the guys over at HoFo (wnrussell, kbman, Susurro) are Moto insiders. check out the Targa and DHD pre-release threads over there.

here's what wnrussell said yesterday:

Amen. My friend [winston25, another Moto insider] moved to Sammy. Nobody is excited about Bionic. HD will be worth the wait.

and here's what Susurro has said:

It does have LTE, it is not a next gen LTE chip though (those aren't available in a phone until 2H12). Just saw that post by bmx and he is mistaken. The second gen LTE chipsets are a ways off. They will allow some very nice phones, but not this year.

It is not a brother to Photon (different chipsets entirely). Can't believe their source
[commenting on Droid Life article] knew the name Spyder but thought Photon and HD were related.

Dinara is higher end? Well it will come out months later so that is a easy assumption.
And that article is wrong, Dinara is 100% not being tested on Verizon. It is an AT&T http://www.howardforums.com/#phone (and isn't actually being tested anywhere right now).

It is a flagship device, actually the Flagship device when it releases (don't ask, I won't say release dates).

and finally, here's what BMX/Panda said over at AC (which i know you've seen):

Next Gen LTE chipsets allow for much much thinner devices.. its a nice device and surely verizon customers will enjoy it. Battery life isnt there yet but sure that some software radio tweaks will assist with this issue.. Let the hype machine begin.. lol

cant speak on hardware specs. the device does have a really strange resolution.. def not as clean as retina but not as grainy as the current Qhd displays. I havent really had alot of time with it but I expect to shortly as I am rather excited about it..

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
i agree on the Prime. all indications are that it's gonna be a beast! dual core, around 1.5 ghz, 4.5" screen (from recent reports, now believed to be Sammy's new Super Amoled HD: Super AMOLED HD news spawns new round of October Nexus Prime rumors | Android Central), ICS, vanilla android.

HTC's battery problems make me very wary of the Vigor.

but, you forgot about the Droid HD, which is coming before the end of the year (so only 2-3 months after the Bionic). it's about the exact same dimensions as the Bionic, but only 2/3 as thick. dual core, LTE, and an improved qHD screen (BMX/Panda described it as being not as grainy as the Bionic pentile, but not as crisp as retina, and not true HD). it's not a Bionic "killer", but the insiders over at HoFo are describing it as THE flagship Moto device for this year, and wnrussell even went so far as to say that nobody is really interested in the Bionic anymore (fwiw).

I searched wnrussells post on HoFo and never read where he said that nobody is really interested in the Bionic anymore. So please post the link. Now BMX does not like Motorola and the qhd pentile screen so I know where he is coming from. Russall always had something good to say about the phone.

EFGantry

Reaction score
wnrussell is one of the reliable insiders at HoFo.

He said it in the current Bionic pre release thread, should be on the last 1 or 2 pages.

it's actually in the DHD pre-release thread, at page 4. jroc is all over, so it's hard to keep the threads straight... :)

here's the link: http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...HD-Pre-Release-Thread?p=14518232#post14518232

and just to be clear, i'm not bagging on the Bionic. it's still in my top 3 phones right now. but, given what seems to be coming down the pike in just a couple months after release, i'm not going to jump on the Bionic right away. right now, the Prime and DHD are at the top of the list, so i want to see what those phones have. if i don't like them, or if they get delayed, i may very well go with the Bionic.

Purplfreak

Reaction score
I too have not had ANY luck with ANY HTC product on AT&T or VZW. I will stick with Motorola...even if it means waiting 17 more days. but hey...who's counting?!

Finally a voice of reason.

The Photon? Give me a break with stats like that and being made by HTC just strap on a battery pack - I'm not at all interested in anything HTC. Poor battery, Sense makes me puke and they are made of plastic as opposed to Motorola Monsters that last 2 years (Still have a working Droid).

I'm pre-ordering the Bionic - it's a monster.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
it's actually in the DHD pre-release thread, at page 4. jroc is all over, so it's hard to keep the threads straight... :)

here's the link: Motorola Droid HD Pre-Release Thread - Page 4

Amen. My friend moved to Sammy. Nobody is excited about Bionic. HD will be worth the wait.
Basically he is saying the same thing he said about the Bionic with the HD. And after the long wait with the Bionic are you prepared to wait for the HD? I am sorry but I am not waiting another year not even another 2 to 3 months on speculations.. The Bionic will be my next phone.. If you think the HD will be released this year then wait. But then there will be another phone that will be better then that. Then the madness starts all over again.

Renae

Reaction score
Finally a voice of reason.

The Bionic should last you easily 2 years with the hardware it's coming with. I see no need to root something this fast and it will have more than enough memory.

As far as other phones, every single one of them is just speculation.

When will the Prime be out? What will it have in it? Will Verizon have it? No one knows.

The Photon? Give me a break with stats like that and being made by HTC just strap on a battery pack - I'm not at all interested in anything HTC. Poor battery, Sense makes me puke and they are made of plastic as opposed to Motorola Monsters that last 2 years (Still have a working Droid).

SGII? When, how big? 4g? No one can even speculate.

Finally the HD - we've seen ONE picture of it laying next to a Bionic. That's 100% of the information you have on it. If it took Moto this long to make the Bionic work well good luck on seeing that one before mid 2012.

I'm pre-ordering the Bionic - it's a monster.

Thank you!!! I 100% agree with you. The bionic is awesome, the best phone verizon will have out. Who cares what is POTENTIALLY coming out a few months from now. Because that'll be outdated by quad core phones and god knows what else a few months from that.

I'm pulling the trigger on the bionic day one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

EFGantry

Reaction score
Basically he is saying the same thing he said about the Bionic with the HD. And after the long wait with the Bionic are you prepared to wait for the HD? I am sorry but I am not waiting another year not even another 2 to 3 months on speculations.. The Bionic will be my next phone.. If you think the HD will be released this year then wait. But then there will be another phone that will be better then that. Then the madness starts all over again.

i'm not trying to convince anyone to choose one over another. i'm just pointing out the options and differences. when the Targa specs first leaked (by winston25 and wnrussell) back in Nov-Dec '10, i was salivating at the thought of using my upgrade for that phone. i've been following it religiously for months, and i think it will be a very solid device. but, with the options that seem to be on the very near horizon, i just don't think it's the right choice for me, at least immediately.

i know for you, Preach, you like the pentile screen. for me, i'm not a fan (and as i've said repeatedly in other threads, this is purely a matter of personal preference - no right or wrong answer), so i do want to wait and see if the HD improves on the screen. i also like the thinness of the HD as compared to the Bionic. but, i'll have to actually hold the HD to see if it feels too flimsy - i've gotten pretty used to the sturdy build/feel of the OG.

right now, i'm pretty convinced that both the Prime and HD will be out before the end of the year. for one, Sanjay said that Moto would have another LTE phone before the end of the year. another indicator is that Susurro said, as quoted above, that the Dinara is coming out "months after" the HD. i'm in the enviable position to be able to wait until the end of the year to make a choice - with PE 6.5, SS 5.5 and SteelDroid 8.0, my OG is purring along just fine for now. i know that others, like you with that gawd awful Storm ;), aren't in the same position.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the HoFo forums and honestly nothing there convinced me those guys are insiders. They say the HD will be out Nov-Dec. To me I'll add 3-6 months onto that.

The comment by this russell guy that no one was excited about the Bionic was his personal opinion. It wasn't Verizon's or Moto's.

The only thing we know for sure is that the Bionic will be out soon. I'll take that to the bank.

Purplfreak

Reaction score
any phone, as long as you take care of it will last you 2 yrs. Now if you mean to hold its tech value, then ok, but at the time, any phone, as the "latest" is always expected to last some time. 4 yrs ago, the phones then were expected to last 2 yrs. 5 yrs from now, they will be expected to last 2 yrs still. And as for HTC Quality.. every maker has lemons. i'm sure we can dig up some moto lemons by searching. My HTC has great battery life, nad I hope to get 2 years out of it, just like I did my LG and moto before it.

I disagree actually. I went through 3 Tilt's and 2 Tilt 2's before I dumped em and went to VZW. I've had 1...count em 1, MOTO Droid in the same time as I went through 5 HTC's. 5 faulty devices is hardly just a lemon. It's a poor quality product in my opinion.

With all due respect...you will have a hard time convincing me they are worthy of my hard earned cash. :motdroidhoriz:

nikecar

Reaction score
I disagree actually. I went through 3 Tilt's and 2 Tilt 2's before I dumped em and went to VZW. I've had 1...count em 1, MOTO Droid in the same time as I went through 5 HTC's. 5 faulty devices is hardly just a lemon. It's a poor quality product in my opinion.

With all due respect...you will have a hard time convincing me they are worthy of my hard earned cash. :motdroidhoriz:
you partially answered it yourself. Non-VZW sucks no matter where you go.

My 1st moto on ATT stunk. Everything on VZW has been great. Prices of service line are different, but phones have been much better in terms of actually WORKING.

EFGantry

Reaction score
I just looked at the HoFo forums and honestly nothing there convinced me those guys are insiders. They say the HD will be out Nov-Dec. To me I'll add 3-6 months onto that.

The comment by this russell guy that no one was excited about the Bionic was his personal opinion. It wasn't Verizon's or Moto's.

The only thing we know for sure is that the Bionic will be out soon. I'll take that to the bank.

well, you just need to have spent some time there. those guys have some very reliable info when it comes to moto devices. like i said, they were the ones who leaked the Targa specs 9-10 months ago. and, wnrussell leaked the initial renderings of the Targa...in March! Motorola's new Droid Bionic (Targa) pre-release thread - Part 1
in my experience following them, they don't speak out of turn.

Purplfreak

Reaction score
That is a ridiculous amount! We'll have to wait and see to be sure. If that is the case I'll wait for the price to come down or pick a different phone all together. There will be a ton of new phones coming out in the next 2 or 3 months.

I was expecting $399.00, so if it's only $299.00...i'll have more to spend on accessories.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
i'm not trying to convince anyone to choose one over another. i'm just pointing out the options and differences. when the Targa specs first leaked (by winston25 and wnrussell) back in Nov-Dec '10, i was salivating at the thought of using my upgrade for that phone. i've been following it religiously for months, and i think it will be a very solid device. but, with the options that seem to be on the very near horizon, i just don't think it's the right choice for me, at least immediately.

i know for you, Preach, you like the pentile screen. for me, i'm not a fan (and as i've said repeatedly in other threads, this is purely a matter of personal preference - no right or wrong answer), so i do want to wait and see if the HD improves on the screen. i also like the thinness of the HD as compared to the Bionic. but, i'll have to actually hold the HD to see if it feels too flimsy - i've gotten pretty used to the sturdy build/feel of the OG.

right now, i'm pretty convinced that both the Prime and HD will be out before the end of the year. for one, Sanjay said that Moto would have another LTE phone before the end of the year. another indicator is that Susurro said, as quoted above, that the Dinara is coming out "months after" the HD. i'm in the enviable position to be able to wait until the end of the year to make a choice - with PE 6.5, SS 5.5 and SteelDroid 8.0, my OG is purring along just fine for now. i know that others, like you with that gawd awful Storm ;), aren't in the same position.

Sanjay said that the Bionic was coming in the 2nd Q and we all know what happened with that. The Dinara I heard is going to AT&T wnrussall said that. So the only Motorola that will be coming to Verizon is Droid HD. Nobodies clear on that release still speculation. I hope for your sake that you are right I hate to put you on a suicide watch!!! :D.

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
you are sitting there with a droid x complaining about how long you waited im still rocking an og droid from way back all the og droid users should get this phone for 99 for sticking it out with 256mb of memory.

I had an og too I had to get the DX my of would not hav lasted this long it was refurbished in the first place capacitive touch buttons didn't light up had like 3 to 4 reboots a day...its was dying. so I just pulled the life support cord and bought me a used DX. best decision I made I guess that's y its easier for me to complain about the bionic.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums