.215 ICS Leak

moset

Reaction score
I got my wife an iPhone and hooked her up with some games. It works wonders.
No more glare.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No more glare.

You know I tried that when I gave her my Droid Pro and showed her the wonders of Angry Birds and DrawSomething, I guess her attention span is too short to be distracted by those long enough for my forum addiction.

Getting her a Kindle Fire for her birthday, hopefully that will help my cause more.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Sydman said:
You know I tried that when I gave her my Droid Pro and showed her the wonders of Angry Birds and DrawSomething, I guess her attention span is too short to be distracted by those long enough for my forum addiction.

Getting her a Kindle Fire for her birthday, hopefully that will help my cause more.

My wife loves reading but refuses to read on a screen. It has to be print. So i buy a lot of books.

kellygh5

Reaction score
I'm the wife who draws ire from the hubby who thinks I spend too much time with the phone. When the Nexus 7 arrived he said "oh great! Another device I have to compete with for attention!" I'm not a power user or all that tech savy, so I have to spend time trying to figure things out. I come here to read & ask. So....after reading, asking, & taking TisMyDroid's advice, I am making progress with my battery. .215 made no difference until 2 FDRs & battery training. After my 1st charge w/ power off, after draining to 10%, I did my 2nd charge following 2d 8h of battery (6.4 hrs on screen). Yay! I have to admit I was using the Nexus more, but it's still a major improvement. No idea, still, why my battery runs hot sometimes?? Thanks for the help!

kellygh5

Reaction score
Spoke too soon. 6 hrs & 57m w/ 50% battery left. Heavier use today. Kids played games for a bit, but still.....Also, another high temp warning from the battery monitor. Came after some web browsing, in the AC, at the docs office. 110. Just don't understand. I'm editing the post (maybe I'm posting in wrong thread), because just after posting, the 2nd high temp alert. Ugh

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow Kelly, your phone is (was?) doing better than mine. That is super!

For the high temp (especially after the kids have played some games), check for any runaway apps... apps that may still be running but shouldn't be. Especially a game can work the system overtime. The best way to check is go into settings---> apps---> running. Then stop any games or programs that should not be running.

Make sure wifi is turned off if there is no wifi to connect to. And turn off 3g/4g if the signal is real weak.

The other option is to do a reboot by holding power & volume down until it shuts down. That will stop any apps that shouldn't be running.

Hope this helps and you get your 2+ days again real soon (darn, I've never gotten over 2 days)!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Haha, yeah my wife also glares when I'm on the forum to much :)

ROFLOL! And did both yours and her parents AGREE to this supposed marriage??! :biggrin::rofl3:

Funny nobody else caught that ^ !

joshxdroid

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
ROFLOL! And did both yours and her parents AGREE to this supposed marriage??! :biggrin::rofl3:

I'm sorry, i don't get it. What did i say?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
TisMyDroid said:
Oh just wonderful sydman, I have never come remotely close to that! Now I'm super jealous!

And you know what else? I am not even going to attempt it, lol!

joshxdroid said:
You've gotten that. There is a while Lotta stand by. Screen time is 5 hours 20 min. Impressive, but i think you've gotten that kind of screen time

Thank you so much josh... You made me feel tons better! You're my hero for the day. Sydman, not so much... Lol, just joking! Sydman's everybody's hero!

Sydman said:
but I am not one that can't put my phone away (especially when the wife is glaring at me for being on this forum all the time).
moset said:
No more glare.

Sydman said:

joshxdroid said:
My wife loves reading but refuses to read on a screen. It has to be print. So i buy a lot of books.
kellygh5 said:
I'm the wife who draws ire from the hubby who thinks I spend too much time with the phone. When the Nexus 7 arrived he said "oh great! Another device I have to compete with for attention!"
FoxKat said:

joshxdroid said:
I'm sorry, i don't get it. What did i say?

Josh, I didn't at first either. Thought it was my blonde-ness showing, lol! I think we are all in trouble...married to our devices and/or this forum. When I have to take care of my ailing parents, I feel like I have to get permission from my mom to pick up my phone or tab. Yet she's addicted to her pc. Well, it could be worse, right.

AJInvestigator

Reaction score
New to the .215 and rooting (running ICS .211 non-rooted) so just have a quick reiteration of what to do: copy the .215 leak according to the instructions posted at the beginning of this thread, then copy the root file to my PC and follow those instructions. BTW, at the beginning of this thread, do I install all of the different files that are listed? It only states what 1.8 is for.

I am not trying not to be difficult, just want to make sure I don't brick my Maxx. We pay way too much for these phones, so I hope I can make it last for a long time.

I got ICS maybe a week ago and have had no issues as others have had. I do notice a slight lag but its not anything that I can't live with.

Love this forum and enjoy all the contributions and jokes.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
AJInvestigator said:
New to the .215 and rooting (running ICS .211 non-rooted) so just have a quick reiteration of what to do: copy the .215 leak according to the instructions posted at the beginning of this thread, then copy the root file to my PC and follow those instructions. BTW, at the beginning of this thread, do I install all of the different files that are listed? It only states what 1.8 is for.

I am not trying not to be difficult, just want to make sure I don't brick my Maxx. We pay way too much for these phones, so I hope I can make it last for a long time.

I got ICS maybe a week ago and have had no issues as others have had. I do notice a slight lag but its not anything that I can't live with.

Love this forum and enjoy all the contributions and jokes.

Welcome to the forum! Download the file in the original post on your pc. Do not unzip. Just transfer the zip file to the root of your sd card. (root meaning not in a folder) then follow instructions #1. No need for any of the other files because you are running stock .211. I did this a couple weeks ago, and it's very simple. Just follow the very clear instructions