.215 ICS Leak

dreadfomonk

Reaction score
I found this new ICS leak Googling (droidrzr.com) about battery life/display being high on ICS. I was running the previous .214 leak and hadn't really noticed anything after a couple of days outside of signal issues (completely dropping).

I flashed this new leak in hopes if revolving that issue as well as increased battery life, and the display always reading high. So far there's definitely a speed increase in the kernel it seems, as well it comes with Chrome pre installed.

I am not rooted (yet). Waiting for more roms/development.

Anyone else give this a whirl?

View attachment 52937

Squeak87

Reaction score
How did you flash the new leak without being rooted? I always thought to do anything of that sort you first had to be rooted. I am still running the original OTA update of .211, are there significant changes in the later updates?

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, you don't have to be rooted, you just have to be on .211 to flash it. I went from .214 back to .211 and rooted .211, then unrooted using VooDoo Rootkeeper and flashed the new leak and restored root without any hitches.

All you would have to do is flash the .215 update if you are on .211 and not rooted. :)

jtc303

Reaction score
No, you don't have to be rooted, you just have to be on .211 to flash it. I went from .214 back to .211 and rooted .211, then unrooted using VooDoo Rootkeeper and flashed the new leak and restored root without any hitches.

All you would have to do is flash the .215 update if you are on .211 and not rooted. :)
Hey matty did you unfreeze bloat and enable any disabled system apps before unrooting?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey matty did you unfreeze bloat and enable any disabled system apps before unrooting?

Yes I defrosted frozen apps, and backed up texts and such, but I didn't unroot first.

I put both .zip files on my SD Card at the same time.

I defrosted apps, then flashed back to .211

Then I used Matt's 1.8 Utility to root .211 then unrooted using Voodoo Rootkeeper.

Then I flashed the .215 update, then restored root with Rootkeeper. It really was quite painless. :)

jtc303

Reaction score
Yes I defrosted frozen apps, and backed up texts and such, but I didn't unroot first.

I put both .zip files on my SD Card at the same time.

I defrosted apps, then flashed back to .211

Then I used Matt's 1.8 Utility to root .211 then unrooted using Voodoo Rootkeeper.

Then I flashed the .215 update, then restored root with Rootkeeper. It really was quite painless. :)
cool man, thanks for the breakdown

dynamicengineer

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for hijacking, but I have searched a good bit and am coming up empty handed.

Where can I find a listing of all these different builds and what they are/what's new/advantages, etc? I'm wondering how you knew to flash back to .211, root, unroot, flash .215, etc. I also stumbled across a few threads basically saying that only specific builds of ICS are rootable. How can I get some definitive information about these builds?

Squeak87

Reaction score
Ok so my next question is, are there any new features worth flashing to .215 for? Or does it just run smoother?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a link in that thread over there for the .211 downgrade package, it's like 6MB. Run that one first, to go to .211. The file in the OP (42MB) is to flash .215. Be sure to pay attention to the numbers in the file name as to which one is which.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so my next question is, are there any new features worth flashing to .215 for? Or does it just run smoother?

Too early to tell. I'm more concerned with battery life. It is supposed to fix 4G connectivity, and it has Google Chrome included as a browser, but I haven't been on it long enough to tell about the battery life. But yes it is pretty snappy and responsive.

jtc303

Reaction score
There is a link in that thread over there for the .211 downgrade package, it's like 6MB. Run that one first, to go to .211. The file in the OP (42MB) is to flash .215. Be sure to pay attention to the numbers in the file name as to which one is which.
This is what I need, right matty?

http://www.mediafire...6kru60bm4u7le5v

Just a little confused... figured it would be .215, not .211

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry in advance for hijacking, but I have searched a good bit and am coming up empty handed.

Where can I find a listing of all these different builds and what they are/what's new/advantages, etc? I'm wondering how you knew to flash back to .211, root, unroot, flash .215, etc. I also stumbled across a few threads basically saying that only specific builds of ICS are rootable. How can I get some definitive information about these builds?

This is where the leak originated ... with instructions. :)

6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211) - DroidRzr.com

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is what I need, right matty?

http://www.mediafire...6kru60bm4u7le5v

Just a little confused... figured it would be .215, not .211

That will be the SECOND one you run, after you run THIS one to get back to .211 (Link to file is in first post)

6.16.214 Downgrade Leak (To 6.16.211) - DroidRzr.comight be safer for confusion sake if you do one at a time on your SD card to make sure you flash the right one first, or write down which one is which if you put both on your SD card at the same time.

Squeak87

Reaction score
Are you able to flash the .215 leak without a pc? I have a pc but no internet at this time. So I was thinking I could download it to my phone, transfer it to my pc and go from there. Any thoughts?

jtc303

Reaction score
That will be the SECOND one you run, after you run THIS one to get back to .211 (Link to file is in first post)

6.16.214 Downgrade Leak (To 6.16.211) - DroidRzr.comight be safer for confusion sake if you do one at a time on your SD card to make sure you flash the right one first, or write down which one is which if you put both on your SD card at the same time.
Im still on .211, never upgraded to .214