ICS .215 Leak Root

wolfe69

Reaction score
I have a Droid RAZR and am running the ICS .215 leak. I want to root but so far haven't found a method that works. I have access to the internet on a laptop running Linux, Fedora 17 (Beefy Miracle). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

usne8

Reaction score
Go to the sticky in this forum and follow the directions for the Droid Utility 1.8 you find there. It couldn't be easier to use.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Go to the sticky in this forum and follow the directions for the Droid Utility 1.8 you find there. It couldn't be easier to use.

The one in this sticky is for Windows he is running Linux, to the OP if you do a Google search for the Razr Utility for Linux you will find a donwnload link on another site and you can use that one.

OP
wolfe69

wolfe69

Reaction score
The one in this sticky is for Windows he is running Linux, to the OP if you do a Google search for the Razr Utility for Linux you will find a donwnload link on another site and you can use that one.

Thank you Sydman. I did Google "Matt's Utility 1.81" and found a download link for it last night. I downloaded it and when I got to my laptop it wouldn't extract it. I am trying to download it again so I can give it another shot. If this doesn't work do I have any other options?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It should extract just fine, where did you find the link for it?

OP
wolfe69

wolfe69

Reaction score
It should extract just fine, where did you find the link for it?

I Googled it and got "Droid Razr Utility 1.81 [Linux/Mac] for Verizon Droid Razr/maxx..... with the following link, www.droidrzr.com/.../3585-droid-razr-utility-181-linux-mac-for-verizon-droid-razrmaxx-only/ I followed that link and it took me to a download link of Dev-Host - LinuxMacUtility1-81.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service.

I didn't read the full link but seeing it now it says razrmaxx only. Think that is the issue?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No the RAZR and the RAZR Maxx have the same OS architecture.

And that is a good site to get it from. Did you download it again and it still does not work?

OP
wolfe69

wolfe69

Reaction score
No the RAZR and the RAZR Maxx have the same OS architecture.

And that is a good site to get it from. Did you download it again and it still does not work?[/QU

I downloaded it again and it still won't extract. I get the following message

7-Zip 9.20 Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18
p7zip Version 9.20 (locale=en_US.utf8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU)

Error: /home/wolfe/Downloads/LinuxMacUtility1-81.zip: Can not open file as archive

Errors: 1

I don't have 7-Zip and I am wondering if that might be the problem. I have never had issues trying to extract files before.

sully0400

Reaction score
The native archive manager should work. If you still have trouble let me know I'll extract it and post to drop box

.215 radio - SimplexROM 1.2 - Daily Driver - XT912 - Wigdetsoid - Linux Installer

OP
wolfe69

wolfe69

Reaction score
The native archive manager should work. If you still have trouble let me know I'll extract it and post to drop box

.215 radio - SimplexROM 1.2 - Daily Driver - XT912 - Wigdetsoid - Linux Installer

It's not extracting. I posted the error message I received above. I don't know enough to know what the error message means other than it won't extract.

sully0400

Reaction score
1/2 hr to download. It will take a little while...

sully0400

Reaction score
It's uploading to dropbox now they have a way I can send you a link you don't even need to have dropbox it is to gigabytes so so it maybe a little while

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I watched this video How to Root Droid Razr 4.0.4! - YouTubeS this a good method for rooting? is everything included that i will need to root? i am on .215 by the way