2 Phones built at same time.

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
So I got two DROID RAZR MAXX in the same box shipped to me and one is defective, could that mean that the other phone is defective to? They were built at the same exact time. Also the problem with the defective one is the battery is messed up. The other one is the screen has black spots on a black screen, but I don't think that its defective.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So I got two DROID RAZR MAXX in the same box shipped to me and one is defective, could that mean that the other phone is defective to? They were built at the same exact time. Also the problem with the defective one is the battery is messed up. The other one is the screen has black spots on a black screen, but I don't think that its defective.

First, what leads you to believe they were both built at the same time, is there a time-stamp on them? Second, what do you mean by "messed up" referring to the battery in one? Finally, the black spots on the screen when viewing in low light on a dark background is a known - we'll call it "issue" which plagues Samsung SAMOLED displays. Apparently it's the rare one that doesn't have these spots/marks/blobs.

OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
First, what leads you to believe they were both built at the same time, is there a time-stamp on them? Second, what do you mean by "messed up" referring to the battery in one? Finally, the black spots on the screen when viewing in low light on a dark background is a known - we'll call it "issue" which plagues Samsung SAMOLED displays. Apparently it's the rare one that doesn't have these spots/marks/blobs.

The Build date says so.
What I mean about "messed up" is defective so it dies faster then normal.
I figured that it wouldn't be defective.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I always thought build date refers to the time that the software was compiled....

kptphalkon

Reaction score
This is a screenshot of my droid 2 global....which was probably manufactured in september or october of 2010....

monkey_man

Reaction score
You can actually check phone build date on the About Phone section.

Just check your phone with the display phone at the store, see any difference then exchange it quick! If the stores have the phone available then you'll get faster replacement. Don't hold on to your shipped out phone too long, or they start asking more questions than what they supposed to be doing - replacing your phone.

monkey_man

Reaction score
:blink: 2.3.7 edition and Feb12 2012 WoW ... what a leap! Mine is like the rest Dec28 2011 2.3.6 :D.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
December 28 16:48? But how could that be, I bought my phone in November last year. Obviously that's the build date of the operating system or the kernel or some other part of the OS but not the phone itself.

Last edited:

monkey_man

Reaction score
hahaha probably it's a coincidence thing as some bought phone in January-February as @kptphalkon mentioned that it is indeed about when the software's created.:icon_ banana:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ha..
Were the maxes even created yet?
De28th

----posted maxx'ed out----

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the manufacturing date of the phone itself, it should be on a physical sticker. It would look something like "ww/yy" where "w" is the week and "y" is the year. For example, if it read "40/11" it was made during the 40th week of 2011.

On the Bionic it's easy as it can be found under the battery. I don't know where that would be on the Razr Maxx. It should be on the box it came in.

Last edited: