I have a HUGE problem with Seidio!!!

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
I am having a HUGE problem with seidio!! I ordered the home cradle, the car dock, the 2600 mah battery, and the extended battery case and holster combo for my moto droid for a total of $170. My car dock and battery turned out to be defective so I needed to send them back for replacement.

When I called to get all this handled they said that I would have to send them back to get them exchanged. Since I lost my OEM battery and couldn’t do without my phone for the two plus weeks that it would take to resolve this issue so I had to buy another battery for an additional $69. This time it was not a 2600 mah but the new 2800 mah battery. They discontinued the 2600 mah which leads me to believe that they were known to be defective.

The girl I was doing the order with said that when the items are received I would be refunded the $69 that I had to spend for the new battery. Now I get my shipping invoice for the defective items that were being replaced and returned including the car dock, and low and behold they are shipping me another 2800 mah battery, the one I was supposed to be refunded for.

So I called today to inquire why the battery was being shipped and they said it was my replacement. I explained to them the situation and that when they received the defective battery that I sent back the girl I spoke with before said I would get my refund. They said that not how their system works.

So now I have to box the new battery that they are sending me back up and send it right back to them in order to get my refund. WTF why not just keep it at seidio in the first place and refund my money??? Now I have to pay to turn around and put this new battery right back in the box and ship it right back to them. So now I have to pay to send things back to them twice!!! Who's getting screwed here?? That would be me!!

I now have the Droid Incredible and would like to get the seidio extended battery for it, but I’ll be darned... they won’t get another penny from me; this is NOT what customer service is about.

huskur

Reaction score
That is why i "rarely" deal with outside vendors like Seideo.

I would much rather have OEM when it comes to the droid. Just my opinion

piutebrian

Reaction score
Seidio

I've had a similar experience with Seidio customer service. Ordered a docking station from them for my Motorola Droid. (This was the week that they came out. Jan I think.) It was defective. Wouldn't charge my phone. At the time I contacted the Seidio rep on this forum and they told me that they would send me a new dock with a shipping label to return the old one.

I got the new one with no return shipping label. To my dismay the second one that they shipped was also defective. I contacted customer service several times with no reply. Contacted again and they said to call when all I was asking for was a shipping label. Tried calling and never got anything but voice mail.

I contacted the Seidio Rep on here with no success. Finally after a month of being without my money or a functional dock I sent them an email basically saying how poor their customer service/quality control has been and that they will not get another dime of my money. After that they finally respond back with a return shipping label. (Two weeks after my email.) I told them to screw it at that point. I'm never dealing with them again.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I've found customer service with most companies to be pretty accommodating if you remain calm, stand firm, and directly request what you want to make things right (within reason). Getting irate and making arbitrary demands (not saying you did this) usually puts the representative on the defensive rather than putting them in an accommodating frame of mind.

They are a DF supporting vendor, try sending them a PM through the forum and see if whoever handles their account here can help make it right. Companies like them will usually do what it takes to avoid bad publicity on forums like this. I'm sure they'll do something for you.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ive heard too many horror stories about seido from being on CB.com for a long time and now im hearing it here.

Seems like everytime someone calls they get a different answer for the same question.

piutebrian

Reaction score
I've found customer service with most companies to be pretty accommodating if you remain calm, stand firm, and directly request what you want to make things right (within reason). Getting irate and making arbitrary demands (not saying you did this) usually puts the representative on the defensive rather than putting them in an accommodating frame of mind.

They are a DF supporting vendor, try sending them a PM through the forum and see if whoever handles their account here can help make it right. Companies like them will usually do what it takes to avoid bad publicity on forums like this. I'm sure they'll do something for you.

As I said in my post I did try contacting the Seidio person on here through PM as well as customer service. For the most part I was just ignored by them. And my problem certainly wasn't resolved. I just told them that if keeping my money and leaving me with a defective product x 2 was what they wanted then so be it. But they weren't getting any return business from me. At least I now know that I am not the only person that they have treated poorly.

As a DF supporting vendor you would think that they wouldn't want people to be telling stories about bad customer service but they made their own bed on this one.

iPirate

Reaction score
I have never used Seidio but I have heard only nasty things.

scandroid

Reaction score
I really like their innocase and holster. I have not had any experience with anything else.

seidioseidio

Reaction score
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. Your concern has been researched and it was believed that you were taken care of.

While going though your account notes, It was determined that the representative made a few exceptions with the intentions of providing good customer service. A RMA was filed so that you could return your defective battery for replacement. However, since you did not have a spare battery to use while you returned the defective battery, she allowed you to purchase a new battery and waived the shipping cost, so that you could have a battery to use. To further accommodate your needs, Seidio covered the cost of shipping the new battery as well the shipping for the replacement cradle and battery. Upon receiving a battery from you, a credit will be issued.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we will do everything in our power to ensure that these types of exceptions do not occur in the future.

As always, we appreciate your feedback about our service and are always available to answer any questions or concerns that you have.

Regards,

JCo352

Reaction score
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. Your concern has been researched and it was believed that you were taken care of.

While going though your account notes, It was determined that the representative made a few exceptions with the intentions of providing good customer service. A RMA was filed so that you could return your defective battery for replacement. However, since you did not have a spare battery to use while you returned the defective battery, she allowed you to purchase a new battery and waived the shipping cost, so that you could have a battery to use. To further accommodate your needs, Seidio covered the cost of shipping the new battery as well the shipping for the replacement cradle and battery. Upon receiving a battery from you, a credit will be issued.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we will do everything in our power to ensure that these types of exceptions do not occur in the future.

As always, we appreciate your feedback about our service and are always available to answer any questions or concerns that you have.

Regards,

The bold text made me lol.

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score

Regards,

Thanks for allowing me to spend even more money with you!!! LOL I'm just tickled pink that you are in the business of selling defective products and forcing the buyer to spend even more money to actually attempt to get a working product. The stand up thing to do would be to refund the cost to me to ship both packages back to you. You say the sales person waved the shipping of the second battery, when in fact due to the high cost of the battery it automatically qualified for free shipping. The fact is your company screwed up and I am having to pay for it. I guess your company thinks I can afford it more than you can. To that I say for shame!! Thank you for taking advantage of me and my family. Lord knows in this economy we are all making plenty of money (larger amount of sarcasm intended).:mad:

ldimick

Reaction score
Why would a HIGHER capacity battery make you believe they were selling defective ones? Did you think they were selling 2600's because the 1300's were defective? Your logic escapes me.