2.3 Update

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We mods have an eye on this thread, Dezy. Warnings and bans have been issued and will continue to be issued when warranted.

Thanks for doing your part to keep the peace around here- much appreciated!

jbwiden

Reaction score
Maybe I have just missed some posts... but it seems that nobody has reported an update in a while? It seems possible that the update has again been suspended?

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I know you want to stick up for what's good with the Inc and help spread the good news, but there's always someone out there that's always going to disagree, unfortunately you found Emtronics on this forum, lol.

You seem like a good and active poster, and from what I've read from your posts you've been helpful so you're a positive contributing member to me. Arguing will only get you and emtronics in trouble, and I'd rather see Emtronics be gone than you, as he hasn't contributed anything worth mentioning. I noticed the mods gave a couple warnings earlier in the thread and although you're trying to help, sometimes just arguing will warrant a ban on forums, especially one like this and I don't wanna see that happen.

now back onto thread topic, you get your update yet?

Nope. Although my phone is acting more unusual than normal. Random reboots, backs itself up more than normal, stuff that hadn't happened before. So maybe it's a good sign?

The most incredible, incredible!

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
We mods have an eye on this thread, Dezy. Warnings and bans have been issued and will continue to be issued when warranted.

Thanks for doing your part to keep the peace around here- much appreciated!

I appreciate you and everything you've done for this threads and others enlightened! I'll try to stop being such a payin on your butt from now on ;)

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Maybe I have just missed some posts... but it seems that nobody has reported an update in a while? It seems possible that the update has again been suspended?

It's quite possible, but maybe they're just sending it out to less and less people, and it hasn't reached our ears. I've seen on another site, somebody suggesting that it was halted to fix the bugs. But yet again, nothing has been proven yet. If I happen to heart anything on the subject, then I'll certainly post it on here. I try to stay up to date as much as possible on the rollout.

Good luck finding some bread everybody! :)

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
There's one confirmed push today. However, once the owner tried to update, it said he had no signal and wouldn't let him continue. This may or may not have been the old push, or the updated push with the fixes. And it was reported just after 1pm central time. So hopefully... somebody here can get it. I tried the date advance trick, and it didn't work, oh well.

emacpgh

Reaction score
manual update

hi, kind of new to this forum. i had a question. will doing the manual update have any adverse effects? I saw a link and instructions on another site. i guess what my main concern is weather I will still receive the OTA if i do it manually? i wanted to do a factory reset to clean up my phone when i do update and didnt want to do it twice. thanks.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
hi, kind of new to this forum. i had a question. will doing the manual update have any adverse effects? I saw a link and instructions on another site. i guess what my main concern is weather I will still receive the OTA if i do it manually? i wanted to do a factory reset to clean up my phone when i do update and didnt want to do it twice. thanks.

If you do it manually, then that will be the OTA update. The only adverse side effects you would encounter, would be the ones if you got it through the official OTA.

KidCuda

Reaction score
How and where do you get the file for the manual update? I've been looking around for it, because this update will determine if my gf keeps my droid x or gets her incredible back (if it runs better)

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
How and where do you get the file for the manual update? I've been looking around for it, because this update will determine if my gf keeps my droid x or gets her incredible back (if it runs better)

Uhhh... I may be able to find it for you, but it'd have to he after achoo today. I'm having enough trouble in college as is lol.

david14807

Reaction score
I think he's looking for the non-rooted OTA. But I may be wrong.

A non-rooted?
You will have to wait for the over the air for that.
How would you put the new ROM on your phone if you are not rooted?
I put the non-rooted version on my phone and lost root when I did.
2.3.4 is snappy, the phone seems to turn on much faster leading me to believe that it isn't really turned off but in a "sleep mode"?

paulhusker

Reaction score
FWIW & FYI--Last week, I was getting the message to download the update but kept pushing the "download later" button. Haven't had the update offer pop up since.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea it's sleeping but how cool is that? Like 2 second boot.
If you pull the battery it takes the regular 2 minutes or whatever so that's how we know it's sleeping. But still cool as hell.
;)