2.3 coming to Thunderbolt

jmd

Reaction score
I got my daughter the incredible2 this weekend. I was talking to the sales rep about the gingerbread on it, and he told me 2.3 is coming to the TB most likely this week, but by the end of July for sure.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
I got my daughter the incredible2 this weekend. I was talking to the sales rep about the gingerbread on it, and he told me 2.3 is coming to the TB most likely this week, but by the end of July for sure.

dont hold your breath. sales Reps like to think they know more than they really do.

while i think it is coming by the end of August, i wouldn't hold my breath for next week/end of July.

OP
jmd

jmd

Reaction score
Not saying he does or doesn't know what he is talking about, but so far everything he has told me was going to happen has. So I'm hoping he is correct on this also.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I wish Verizon would implement Apple's policy about giving out info so people would stop making threads like this. Apple employees are expressly forbidden from even speculating when new software/hardware will be out. It makes sense as they dont know anything, so it's bad business to just make up stuff to tell customers.

bases1616

Reaction score
Crazed, I don't think the VZW rep is making it up and like jmd said he has been right before. Also, being an Apple employee is different than a VZW one. They have no ties to one product. If it was an HTC employee I could understand. Let's just hope we get GB by the end of the month. The MR2 has been working great for me so far and I am looking forward to GB finally!!!

OP
jmd

jmd

Reaction score
Bases1616, did you have any problems flashing your Mr2? I tried 3 times and once I installed the Rom and the phone booted I had no service. When I went into settings to check the radio version nothing showed up, it was like there was no radio installed.

LAKings_Dru

Reaction score
Hmm. Interesting. Wonder if my TB will get the auto push. Still waiting on the fix for the reboot. And every time I try to check for software update it tells me service not available.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Gingerbread has been running really well on my Thunderbolt. So I think you guys will enjoy it when you get it.

Always remember and don't ever forget that if you really wanted it you could have it now.

turdbogls

Reaction score
Yes, I had a very solid the build on my tb when it was rootrd. Plan on going back once my replacement comes in tomorrow

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sleekgeek

Reaction score
running teslacoil 1.7.1 with the radio posted in the thread. zero reboots and the battery life has been awesome.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
How is it every thread, no matter what the topic is, ends up with people saying root your phone? I mean we know you can root the phone, and glad it's an option, but does it have to be included in every discussion?

Reaction score
On a forum for power users, you better believe root will come up in almost every thread.

Sent from my LGB v0.9 Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

alboboy10

Reaction score
Just a question...when tb actually comes out since I don't have it but I'm rooted, will gingerbread update be better since it will no longer be a leak? I don't even have the new radios. But I'd like gingerbread just because of netflix and the lock screen

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Google

just sayin....lol///

on a side note---> just got a TBolt from ebay, practically new and it hasn't randomly rebooted once in these first three days, web browsing is almost as fast as my RoadRunner service, and screen to screen is very, very fast...I may have gotten lucky??... however the battery life sucks!!, so hopefully a GB update does come..or I'll just 'root'...lmao