Gingerbread coming to thunderbolt?

nc537

Reaction score
I heard that the thunderbolt was supposed to be getting gb by the end of the month but with only 5 days left, I'm growing skeptical since they previously promised that it was coming in June. Does anyone know for sure if or when its coming and will it allow the tb to go into landscape mode?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
They have supposedly approved the latest build. Don't think it will allow landscape mode except with docks and within apps.

Sent from my BAMF'd 'bolt

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
PDroid, where you hear that?

It is my prediction based on the fact that

1. vm notifications are still broken in the latest build
2. the month is ending on Friday

I find it highly improbable that they will solve the problem and have a new build ready this week.

armeddroid

Reaction score
It is my prediction based on the fact that

1. vm notifications are still broken in the latest build
2. the month is ending on Friday

I find it highly improbable that they will solve the problem and have a new build ready this week.

Ahh ok. Thoughts you may have heard something. On that note, I concur.

johnd09

Reaction score
HTC still insists it will be here this month, but Verizon is notorious for delaying updates.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC still insists it will be here this month, but Verizon is notorious for delaying updates.

Unfortunately for HTC they are not the ones who actually push the OTA.

johnd09

Reaction score
TeamAndIRC just said on twitter there is a new leak coming soon.

runrhinorun

Reaction score
i sent a tweet to HTC today (9-26-11) and was told via twitter that we would have it by end of the month??? I guess they know what they are doing. I don't really care, i really like my Thunderbolt since the earlier issues were fixed. So i hope this Gingerbread will be an upgrade, either way i am very satisfied.

Chukee

Reaction score
I have yet to experience this vm issue so I don't know how wide spread this issue is to hold off a update that in my opinion is pretty solid. Been running 2.3.4 for 2 days now and its great. If vm is an issue that HTC and Verizon does acknowledge I could see them putting out another update addressing that issue but holding this update up for a vm notification issue? I can't see it. But who knows.

rbw62

Reaction score
Same here, running same GB and i get vm notifications. This release is awesome,improved battery usage, phone is faster, and love the new gui.

Droid592

Reaction score
Really want to root I miss it so much but won't because of the vm issue and google voice is not that great

katatonic

Reaction score
I just hope they keep their word. I'm scared of rooting cause knowing my luck ill brick. I'll try to root if/when ics leaks. And when I'm ready for a new phone. So bring on the ota.

sent from my thunderbolt.