Gingerbread

nateccnn

Reaction score
It's the next big software update for the Android OS. Froyo (FROzen YOgurt) was the previous version. Google likes to us desert names for their software. The next update after gingerbread is being called ice cream sandwich.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

What? They are skipping Honeycomb then?

Nate

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's the next big software update for the Android OS. Froyo (FROzen YOgurt) was the previous version. Google likes to us desert names for their software. The next update after gingerbread is being called ice cream sandwich.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

What? They are skipping Honeycomb then?

Nate

Honeycomb was only meant for tablets. I guess some devs could shoehorn it on to one of these devices if the source code gets released.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
This doesn't mean that it will pushed as an update by June 30.

They will probably make an announcement at some point today officially stating that it is ready.

Beardface

Reaction score
Still no update...

"VZWSupport: @tehcub There is no Gingerbread update on the Thunderbolt scheduled today. If or when it becomes available it will be announced. ^JB"
--http://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/86451562385383424
If or when... love to hear that.

Once again, just another sign that Verizon just doesn't give a crap about the people who bought this device. We are 3rd class customers to them, even though we own their top of the line device.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Still no update...

"VZWSupport: @tehcub There is no Gingerbread update on the Thunderbolt scheduled today. If or when it becomes available it will be announced. ^JB"
--http://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/86451562385383424
If or when... love to hear that.

Once again, just another sign that Verizon just doesn't give a crap about the people who bought this device. We are 3rd class customers to them, even though we own their top of the line device.

You must not know how products are sold. Companies are always looking at the future of the next line up. Software updates are on the back burners.

MTBryan

Reaction score
'if or when'?
That isn't encouraging!
Sounds like they want to lower expectations.

Sent from my TBolt

GDP

Reaction score
I would be surprised to see it in the next few weeks. They have a lot of bugs to work out. It better not turn into the whole Galaxy S fiasco. That was ridiculous.

Sent from my Thunderbolt