Gingerbread

Beardface

Reaction score
You must not know how products are sold. Companies are always looking at the future of the next line up. Software updates are on the back burners.
Yes, I know how they are sold...

I also know that this update is supposed to fix problems that Verizon and HTC created themselves with their previous update that literally broke thousands of devices and rendered them practically unusable. You would think an update like THAT would be the highest priority. 2 months later, still no fix. We were promised long ago a software update by the end of Q2. Well, Q2 ends today and officially, all Verizon is saying is that "if and when a fix comes, we will let you know"...

If and when is the official statement on the day it was supposed to come out.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
You must not know how products are sold. Companies are always looking at the future of the next line up. Software updates are on the back burners.
Yes, I know how they are sold...

I also know that this update is supposed to fix problems that Verizon and HTC created themselves with their previous update that literally broke thousands of devices and rendered them practically unusable. You would think an update like THAT would be the highest priority. 2 months later, still no fix. We were promised long ago a software update by the end of Q2. Well, Q2 ends today and officially, all Verizon is saying is that "if and when a fix comes, we will let you know"...

If and when is the official statement on the day it was supposed to come out.

Agree the hell out of that

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
its funny, Verizon told me (in their store) that there was a update (fix) for my phone and it was to be delivered the second half of june.. i was told this last week to my face... well this is the last day of june where is my fix?

polish23

Reaction score
its funny, Verizon told me (in their store) that there was a update (fix) for my phone and it was to be delivered the second half of june.. i was told this last week to my face... well this is the last day of june where is my fix?
same story.... people in the store don't know jack!

moonlightinwhite

Reaction score
Hey, new to the forum and new to the HTC Thunderbolt (it's my first smart phone).

I rooted it yesterday (of course!) and I was playing around with it just now and did a software update check and something came up from Verizon for 35.649 MB.

Is this Gingerbread or just some random updates? Should I let it update, or pass because I've rooted it? I haven't put on a custom OS or anything, just the basic rooting.

Beardface

Reaction score
Hey, new to the forum and new to the HTC Thunderbolt (it's my first smart phone).

I rooted it yesterday (of course!) and I was playing around with it just now and did a software update check and something came up from Verizon for 35.649 MB.

Is this Gingerbread or just some random updates? Should I let it update, or pass because I've rooted it? I haven't put on a custom OS or anything, just the basic rooting.
That would be the software update that ruined the device for many people... Be leery of it.

moonlightinwhite

Reaction score

That would be the software update that ruined the device for many people... Be leery of it.
Okay, thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and rejected it and it told me it was this:

Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.13.605.7-1.12.605.6

jacks revenge

Reaction score
Just updated and man is the THB running like lightning!

Sent from my Gingerbread THB

TBOLT132

Reaction score
Don't want to sound dumb but what does Ginger bread mean/do? And what does rooting mean/do?
Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
Just Google both. Too much info to explain. A Google search will answer most if not all of your questions about the two.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums