2.3.340?

Reaction score
Im sure a lot of us are wondering about what we are to do when we update to the newest update from moto.

I love jrummys roms, been using them since i had the original droid. Will the .320 update work if you have the .340 update because they are both 2.2.1?

I already have my phone rooted on the .340 update and i want to use this rom right away.

Some information would be nice!

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Im sure a lot of us are wondering about what we are to do when we update to the newest update from moto.

I love jrummys roms, been using them since i had the original droid. Will the .320 update work if you have the .340 update because they are both 2.2.1?

I already have my phone rooted on the .340 update and i want to use this rom right away.

Some information would be nice!

Did you use the 2.3.34 system only .sbf? Im curious because im about to try it...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
LethalInjection
Reaction score
I was running 2.3.15 on jrummys rom, but then sbf'd back to stock. The new official update for 2.2.1 for the droid x just came out a couple nights ago. There is an update.zip floating around for this update so i just used that since i havent received it on my phone yet -_-.

Now i am running 2.3.340, the most recent update for the X, but i immediately rooted after i installed it. I want to have this rom back on my phone.

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
I was running 2.3.15 on jrummys rom, but then sbf'd back to stock. The new official update for 2.2.1 for the droid x just came out a couple nights ago. There is an update.zip floating around for this update so i just used that since i havent received it on my phone yet -_-.

Now i am running 2.3.340, the most recent update for the X, but i immediately rooted after i installed it. I want to have this rom back on my phone.

I hear ya this rom is awesome im going to sbf up to 2.3.34 and install this rom version 1.0.3 for the 2.3.32 leak, ill post back after I see what happens

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Any word yet? i might try it myself

Well from I read so far because the rom is a modified 2.3.32 if you update to 2.3.34 and install the rom it will just revert you back to the modified 2.3.32 and override the updated files in 2.3.34. Because .32 and .34 have the same bootloader and kernel shouldn't cause any harm.

OP
LethalInjection
Reaction score
Well, i bit the bullet and went ahead and installed it. seems to be working just fine, nice and stable. The TBH sbf will still work hopefully because its the 340 bootloader or w.e. Or so i hope.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
FYI you can change between the .320 and .340 builds all you want it is not an issue. Just don't try to go back to anything prior to the leak or .340.

And FYI if you take the OTA update, root and then instal a ROM that is based on the leaked file the only thing changing is the /system to .320. The OTA update will still be there for the bootloader update and kernel.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I look forward to try JRummy's rom but I will wait until he brings it up to date.

I know it will work, but "just working" is not what I am interested in. JRummy makes a great rom and I'm sure he will put a bit of attention into bringing his rom up to date like the others.

wazzelby

Reaction score
I look forward to try JRummy's rom but I will wait until he brings it up to date.

I know it will work, but "just working" is not what I am interested in. JRummy makes a great rom and I'm sure he will put a bit of attention into bringing his rom up to date like the others.

I agree. So far I've just rooted my X. I'm not sure why I'm so scared to load a rom on this phone as I used to change rom`s weekly on my original droid.

MrKleen

Reaction score

I agree. So far I've just rooted my X. I'm not sure why I'm so scared to load a rom on this phone as I used to change rom`s weekly on my original droid.

I was nervous at first but its not bad if you are careful and follow instructions. You are already rooted... and you also need bootstrap. After you bootstrap you need to make a backup of your stock setup so you can rerun if you want or to take updates.

Just do some homework on how to do it and you'll be ok. Once you get started nobody will be able to stop you!

Oh and at some point you will need to learn to do an sbf. But be careful because there isn't an sbf for the new update.

Good luck!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Not so, TBH released an sbf that works with bootloader 30.03 & 30.04

MrKleen

Reaction score
Not so, TBH released an sbf that works with bootloader 30.03 & 30.04

Perhaps but does it make all the required updates required to get you in the path of future ota's? A complete full current sbf is not available that I am aware of. System only doesn't quite do it.