2.3.15 Dead?

Cmonson

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of roms are leaning more towards the .320 & .340 updates. I'm currently running Apex 1.2 off the 2.3.15 kernel. Since some of the new roms aren't out for 2.3.15 how would i go about getting the .320 and .340 updates. I have a backup of my rooted 2.2 stock.

SkeetSkeet

Reaction score
Go back to your stock backup of 2.2, than do the OTA than reroot. Thats prolly the easiest way

I've noticed that a lot of roms are leaning more towards the .320 & .340 updates. I'm currently running Apex 1.2 off the 2.3.15 kernel. Since some of the new roms aren't out for 2.3.15 how would i go about getting the .320 and .340 updates. I have a backup of my rooted 2.2 stock.

OP
C

Cmonson

Reaction score
Ok cool...thanks a lot for the help much appreciated

Edit: When flashing back, should I wipe the data and clear my cache?

tatuud

Reaction score
Ok cool...thanks a lot for the help much appreciated

Edit: When flashing back, should I wipe the data and clear my cache?

probably wouldn't hurt but not necessary, i did 3 x's yesterday without wiping anything, just put them back stock accepted the OTA and rerooted. you don't have to unroot by the way, the OTA will go through if you're stock/rooted.

tatuud

Reaction score
I noticed that I made a backup using Rom Manager. I read on this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-roms/104145-how-rom-manager-used-x.html that using backups with Rom Manager wont work...so is there any other way to go back to stock 2.2?

personally i don't use rom manager i only use droid x bootstrap to flash roms, themes, and zips. so i personally have never seen any need for rom manager. if you're on 2.3.15 you can just use the full sbf for 2.3.15 and that will take you back to stock. that's the route i took. flashed the sbf (took about 10 minutes) then accepted the OTA and rerooted. very simple process. i also set up 3 of my friends x's, i had them make a stock backup through bootstrap, so i just used that backup accepted the OTA and rerooted their phones. very quick and simple process for you to get to .340 from 2.3.15.

OP
C

Cmonson

Reaction score
Good looking out tatuud, I'm going to try flashing back now and I'll post my results

tatuud

Reaction score
Good looking out tatuud, I'm going to try flashing back now and I'll post my results

no problem, glad i could help. you have come to the right place for assistance, there are tons of great people on this forum that will always be around to help. good luck and definitely post your results.

OP
C

Cmonson

Reaction score
Finally flashed 2.3.15 back on my phone and everything ran perfect. Now I'm running ApeX 1.3 and it's working flawless.