2.3.13 to 2.3.15

bcals0087

Reaction score
So I've notived a few people mention if theres a difference between the 2.3.13 and .15 after a few of us have had to sbf the ota. I personally did when theming went a little sour. no biggy, I had rsd lite, and the system sbf and it worked great...brought me to 2.3.13 though. So thanks to 928Droid's back to stock update.zip for his themes, located at 928Droid Themes for the Droid X, it can be used after the system sbf to bring you back to 2.3.15. I sort of stumbled upon this by accident but it does work, in case your a little anal about having the 5 instead of the 3 there, like I kinda am. So there you go, thank you TBH and 928Droid for your contributions to make my life a hell of a lot easier.

saxman

Reaction score
So I've notived a few people mention if theres a difference between the 2.3.13 and .15 after a few of us have had to sbf the ota. I personally did when theming went a little sour. no biggy, I had rsd lite, and the system sbf and it worked great...brought me to 2.3.13 though. So thanks to 928Droid's back to stock update.zip for his themes, located at 928Droid Themes for the Droid X, it can be used after the system sbf to bring you back to 2.3.15. I sort of stumbled upon this by accident but it does work, in case your a little anal about having the 5 instead of the 3 there, like I kinda am. So there you go, thank you TBH and 928Droid for your contributions to make my life a hell of a lot easier.

can this be used to go from 2.3.9 to 2.3.15 without having to flash an sbf?

OP
B

bcals0087

Reaction score
im not exactly sure but I think you have to flash to 2.1 before you go to 2.2 if your on a leak. the leaks have a different bootloader which is why your able to go back to 2.1 if you need to. dont quote me on it but im pretty sure. also flashing this sbf i didnt have to wipe. i still kept all my data which was cool

Watchman323

Reaction score
if there is another ota upgrade, will the update.zip brick your droid x? or is your droid x really a stock version now?

OP
B

bcals0087

Reaction score
Depends if they change the coding on the bootloader which they probably will when gingerbread comes out. But for now yes mine was stock after i did both the system sbf and 928's back to stock. Tyen i rooted again and deodexed again