Droid X 2.3.9 to sbf 2.3.13 Bricked

neturbo82

Reaction score
So I was having trouble getting update.zips to handle upgrading me from 2.3.9 to 2.3.15.

The only SBF so far I could find was 2.3.13, so I downloaded it and ran it in RSD 4.8,

This failed and stuck me in a bootloader loop, so I went back and tried it in SBF 4.7 with a modified pst_flash.ini as it was mentioned somewhere to help correct the problem.

Now I am still stuck with a bricked phone. Is there any fix for this, or am I going to need to go hit Verizon for a new phone?

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,39,00,27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not looking to go spend an hour at a verizon tech desk right now...

Thanks in advance,

NETurbo82

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You used the wrong sbf. Use the org 2.1 sbf file, flash to 2.1 then upgrade via OTA to 2.2 Once you do that, you cant go back to 2.1. The new sbf is for restoring the 2.2 OTA update ONLY. Good luck

OP
N

neturbo82

Reaction score
Juicemane, Thanks for the reply.

I used the 2.3.13 sbf as everything on the interwebs pointed towards brick if using the 2.1 sbf when already on 2.3.9.

In any case, I couldn't wait and went to verizon and they are overnighting me a new phone.

Neturbo82

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Juicemane, Thanks for the reply.

I used the 2.3.13 sbf as everything on the interwebs pointed towards brick if using the 2.1 sbf when already on 2.3.9.

In any case, I couldn't wait and went to verizon and they are overnighting me a new phone.

Neturbo82

That only applys if you were on 2.2 OTA, you were on the 2.2 Leak right?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah he used wrong sbf file. That 2.3.13 is only to be used on ota 2.2 if you want to revert back to stock not upgrading leaked 2.2 to ota 2.2.

Sent from my DROIDX

cruckus

Reaction score
just got my replacement phone and rooted went back to rubix through my backup then tried zapx and now stuck at m logo. i can reboot in stock recovery but cant get it to reboot. ive tried rsd lite 4.8 but cant get it to start the sbf file. my replacement came with 2.2 any ideas? thanks in advance!

WACOMalt

Reaction score
just got my replacement phone and rooted went back to rubix through my backup then tried zapx and now stuck at m logo. i can reboot in stock recovery but cant get it to reboot. ive tried rsd lite 4.8 but cant get it to start the sbf file. my replacement came with 2.2 any ideas? thanks in advance!

Hey, as far as RSD not working, use this post: Android Forums - View Single Post - If you get "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite

This addresses the major issue in RSD with not being able to read filenames right, and appending junk characters in their code.

This isn't the typical "move it to C:/" solution that doesnt work :p

That being said, my phone is bricked now cause I was on ApeX, and tried to change lcd density to 90
. phone got in a boot loop, and I couldnt get to Clockwork recovery, had to sbf with 2.2, now bricked with Err:A5,70,39,00,27

Gonna try 2.1 sbf (I'm on 30.01 still) so maybe I can be saved.. if not, verizon here I come.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Hey, as far as RSD not working, use this post: Android Forums - View Single Post - If you get "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite

This addresses the major issue in RSD with not being able to read filenames right, and appending junk characters in their code.

This isn't the typical "move it to C:/" solution that doesnt work :p

That being said, my phone is bricked now cause I was on ApeX, and tried to change lcd density to 90
. phone got in a boot loop, and I couldnt get to Clockwork recovery, had to sbf with 2.2, now bricked with Err:A5,70,39,00,27

Gonna try 2.1 sbf (I'm on 30.01 still) so maybe I can be saved.. if not, verizon here I come.

DO NOT use the 2.1 sbf if u either used the 2.2 sbf or took the 2.2 ota update. Can't be fixed.

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X