Where do I go from here?

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Okay, I had 2.2 OTA installed on my X and I was following Soupy McD's guide to rooting and deodexing, but something went wrong after I rebooted to apply the deodex and I got stuck at the Motorola M logo. Tried a couple of battery pulls but in the end I flashed back to the 2.3.13 because I needed my phone working again. Now I don't know where to go from here; I know I can't go back to 2.1 but my question is can I re-upgrade to 2.3.15 OTA from here? I know it's not a big difference in versions but I would like to get back to 2.2 OTA so I can deodex and theme it. I don't want to do anything without asking around at this point because of 2.2 being very picky with being flashed.

bharkin

Reaction score
This has been my fear about deodexing the OTA upgrade. I kinda like the odex version of Black Glass, except for the black clock on a black bar. Good luck and let us know what happens.

donballz

Reaction score
@op if you already did the ota update then you have a legit 2.2 kernel. Do the 2.3.15 system flash (check mdw) and you should be up to date.

Also, look at 928's website. He has a simple update out today to deodex and theme your phone in one simple update zip.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk