2.2 update, then root, then . . .

redrooster007

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. New to Droid X. New to Linux. I have spent some time searching the forum and have not found anyone with a similar issue. I don't want to do anything else might be irreversible.

Waited till the 2.2 was available this AM, then followed the direction downloading SDK and doroot. Acquired Root Manager and changed .apk to .bak on the following:
Amazonmp3_1.7.22_signed_zipaligned.apk, Blockbuster.apk, CityID.apk, clockWidget.apk, cmas.apk, Conversations.apk, DLNA.apk, DlnaSystemService.bak, FMRadio.apk, FMRadioService.apk, FriendFeed.apk
HelpCenter.apk, HomeSyncWizard.apk, LiveWallpapers.apk, LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk, MessagesWidget.apk, Messaging.apk, Mynet.apk, MyVerizon.apk
NewsWidget.apk, PhotoWidget.apk, QuickContactWidget.apk
Skype_mobile_live.apk, Social Messaging.apk, SocialShare.apk
StatusWidget.apk, StickyNoteWidget.apk, Stk.bak, ToggleWidgets.apk
UniversalInbox.apk, VpnServices.apk, Vvm.apk, WeatherWidget.apk
WorkContacts.apk

MinFreeManger was acquired and setting applied as recommended. The only issue was I lost my texting app/ability and realized I had changed messaging. While looking for a solution online to my lack of texting and the best way to backup my phone, my phone started acting slow after an email notification. Now it is 1/2 way locked up!

I can remove the battery and/or turn on/off the phone with the power button. I can unlock the phone and then it is locked on the home screen. I can pull down my notification, receive in coming calls, with the car dock - I can place a call, play MP3s etc.

Any advise!?! I am new and you will have to spell everything out.
Thanks

OP
R

redrooster007

Reaction score
I completed a hard reset this AM via the car dock (only way I could get to settings). Everthing is as it was yesterday before the lock up, still have 2.2, rooted, etc. Still had the lack of texting but downloaded handcents. I did not reinstall MinFreeManager, but am doing TitaniumPro. :)
Thanks,