[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for DROID 2 !!!

SMDII

Reaction score
i love the black glass theme, but why is it that the facebook app never updates properly after installing the theme; it always say unsuccessful install

That's because the black themed facebook app is not compatible with the official facebook app... so you can either stick with the black one and forfeit updates, or remove the black one and go back to official... personally I stick with the black one :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
facebook

I tried the new one for a day or 2. I dont see anything worth updating yet and loosing the themed one. Keep an eye and its updates and read what they are. If something sounds like something you'd use then worry about removing the themed one and going back stock.

Just my Opinion on this :)
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

bookie

Reaction score
Deodexed. He's got instructions up on how to use black glass

droidster123

Reaction score
Yeah i read them and its a little confusing. Is this theme like installing other themes basically? and it works with squidly roms and the 2.3.20 update right?

bookie

Reaction score
Yep. I'm using it now. You just gotta delete the files he lists from the zip before you install it. I can send it to you if you want

bookie

Reaction score
Here's some screen shots of 928Droid Black Glass running on Squidly 2.3.2.

aefcaabf-6f4b-bdbb.jpg

aefcaabf-6f63-5e41.jpg

aefcaabf-6f8f-618b.jpg

mac424

Reaction score
Yep. I'm using it now. You just gotta delete the files he lists from the zip before you install it. I can send it to you if you want

Hey if you could send me that list too, Id appreciate!. I'm using squidlys rom and this theme would be the icing on the cake for me if I could get it to work!

bookie

Reaction score
You can get black glass to work by deleting the services.jar file in the framework folder ,also delete cmas.apk,maps.apk,gmail.apk,and mediasync.apk.The facebook and twitter is up to you they are themed but older versions just uninstall your current fb and twitter before installing if using these ones. Do this using 7zipp or similar program.

One last thing zipalign_apks use that script after they are not zipaligned so run the script through terminal.

droidster123

Reaction score
I can't find the cmas.apk out the media sync.apk. I got the other ones though...are those two located in the same area?

mac424

Reaction score
I can't find the cmas.apk out the media sync.apk. I got the other ones though...are those two located in the same area?

Yes they are. Double check to see if things are sorted by name. If they're not there still, I would download a fresh copy from 928's site just to make sure.