10+ hours with tech support.. multiple devices and sims.. multiple tickets = ...

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Let me rephrase what I wrote...MY Bionic beats the Rezound HANDS DOWN! I don't have data drops and my camera takes fantastic pictures, and the screen looks FAR better in sunlight than the Rezound (and the Rezound is FAR too saturated compared to the Bionic IMO...PLUS my Bionic doesn't run Sense so it is MUCH more responsive.

wanna trade bionics? lmao. As far as the pictures, it's a user based thing. I typically tote around my DSLR for pictures, obviously no cell camera will satisfy me in low light situations and most daylight for that matter, in great light the bionic takes decent shots. As far as saturation... every phone looks oversaturated compared to the bionic, it can't even render a true sunset on it's screen and the camera sure can't take that shot!*shrug*

Last edited:
Reaction score
I spent a half hour on the phone with Verizon today seeing what they could do for me about my Bionic issues. This replacement has a few burnt pixels and the typical data issues. The first Tech I spoke with wanted me to jump through all the hoops, reset the phone, etc, all the normal stuff. I told him I've been through it all before and this is the 4th time I've called for some kind of help. He tried to tell me through the course of the conversation that despite my Bionic dropping 4G/3G, there would be times where I don't even have 3G coverage because Verizon "Doesn't have 3G everywhere". I told him nicely that my gf's droid has a strong 3G signal even when my Bionic drops 3G. After being offered no help other than a replacement device, I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor reiterated what the tech said, that they could offer me a replacement device, and I nicely asked him how that would help. I asked if he could credit me for the data I pay for that doesn't work. He said he could and offered me a Samsung Droid Charge as a comparable replacement device as well. I told him that there was no way I would accept an older device as a replacement for my 2 month old Bionic. I like my Bionic, but I will not accept a Charge as a replacement. I will be receiving my 3rd Bionic tomorrow, and will be credited for one month of data. The supervisor maintained throughout the conversation that it isn't Verizon's fault that my phone isn't working. He told me that Verizon's data services are there for me to use, but that it's Motorola's fault that the phone has such issues communicating with the network. I have to give the guy I spoke with credit though, he was very professional and didn't talk down to me at all. I would say that I'm somewhat satisfied now, and I'll see what the new Bionic brings.

Last edited:

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
The bionic beats it hands down? Rezound has better screen, better camera, updated 4g radio, faster processor, and I have had it since it came out and NO DROP SIGNALS. I don't understand how the bionic is better lol. And I had both. The switch between 4g/3g is quick. I guess the build on the bionic is better.

sent from my rezound that may NOT be traded for a gnex

I went to play with the Rezound at the Verizon store the other day and I was completely unimpressed. It might have a dual core 1.5ghz processor, but it doesnt show. The phone was very choppy compared to the Bionic and Razr. I think sense is bogging the crap out of HTC phones. It felt just as fast as my old Thunderbolt. The moto phones are noticeably snappier, smoother, and more fluid. I was there with my buddy, his gf, and even the Verizon rep who all noticed how laggy the Rezound seemed.

Other than the headphones, the Bionic easily beats the Rezound. It's faster, lighter, thinner, etc.

rasaun87

Reaction score
Yall crazy. I mean yea sense be killing the "speed" experience but that's nothing a lil launcher couldn't fix. And bro I wanna meet u with the bionic taking better pictures. I had a bionic for 2 months a rooted put different roms and 4 different camera apks and all those did was make the camera faster. Then lens is butt. My girl got an iPhone 4 (not even the s) and her camera *killed my bionic with insurmountable force haha. The bionic is brighter ill admit that but but go on the internet with both, the rezound is soooooo much clearer and smoother. and again: NO DATA DROPS. What's the point of getting a smartphone if u can't use data lol. I'm not going to speak on the fast but from what I see data drops is on that too. Smh.

sent from my rezound that may NOT be traded for a gnex

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I spent a half hour on the phone with Verizon today seeing what they could do for me about my Bionic issues. This replacement has a few burnt pixels and the typical data issues. The first Tech I spoke with wanted me to jump through all the hoops, reset the phone, etc, all the normal stuff. I told him I've been through it all before and this is the 4th time I've called for some kind of help. He tried to tell me through the course of the conversation that despite my Bionic dropping 4G/3G, there would be times where I don't even have 3G coverage because Verizon "Doesn't have 3G everywhere". I told him nicely that my gf's droid has a strong 3G signal even when my Bionic drops 3G. After being offered no help other than a replacement device, I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor reiterated what the tech said, that they could offer me a replacement device, and I nicely asked him how that would help. I asked if he could credit me for the data I pay for that doesn't work. He said he could and offered me a Samsung Droid Charge as a comparable replacement device as well. I told him that there was no way I would accept an older device as a replacement for my 2 month old Bionic. I like my Bionic, but I will not accept a Charge as a replacement. I will be receiving my 3rd Bionic tomorrow, and will be credited for one month of data. The supervisor maintained throughout the conversation that it isn't Verizon's fault that my phone isn't working. He told me that Verizon's data services are there for me to use, but that it's Motorola's fault that the phone has such issues communicating with the network. I have to give the guy I spoke with credit though, he was very professional and didn't talk down to me at all. I would say that I'm somewhat satisfied now, and I'll see what the new Bionic brings.

IF THAT NEW BIONIC DOESN'T WORK REFER TO MY FIRST POST! be VERY polite, calm, cool, don't lost control and start shouting or cursing. be very determinate in what you have to say, and before you do anything as soon as you get a rep on the phone, ask to speak to the loyalty dept. and tell them what's going on and what tech has offered you, make certain that loyalty is going to give you a follow up call after talking with the tech, I think this played a BIG part in getting what I wanted. I doubt the tech would've been around much longer had she allowed someone to go into arbitration when they were willing to settle for a replacement device without the known issue. the tech I spoke with DID have to confirm that she could do it with others in the office, but it can be done. Just gotta wait on refurb availability. .. AND ON THE REZOUND YOU DON'T GET THE HEADPHONES.

joysgirl

Reaction score
I've had my BIONIC for 2 months now and most of that time was spent without a data connection:angry:. Tier 2 tech support couldn't help me, forums, and most of the reps at the store location UNTIL I talked to one rep who noticed I had Task Killer and a battery saver app. He got rid of both and now I have continuous data connection. It was like Christmas arrived early!!! I don't know if that will help any of you, but it did work for me
icon_%20banana.gif
. Good luck!

beltwaybob

Reaction score
No Data Connection

Apology: I haven't been to the forum for a long time.

Got a Bionic right after they came out. I'm in a bad area but my former Droid 2 worked OK and the MiFI modem works OK. VZW has swapped out my Bionic - no difference. I get "No Data Connection" most of the time.

Do you all think the Razr has the same data radio as the Bionic?

I need (NEED) to have a data connection and this Bionic is killing me. I (want to) get email on my phone and I (want to) use the Bionic for a mobile hotspot for laptop email. Here's hoping VZW is going to help me.
Bob

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a Bionic right after they came out. I'm in a bad area but my former Droid 2 worked OK and the MiFI modem works OK. VZW has swapped out my Bionic - no difference. I get "No Data Connection" most of the time.

Do you all think the Razr has the same data radio as the Bionic?

I need (NEED) to have a data connection and this Bionic is killing me. I (want to) get email on my phone and I (want to) use the Bionic for a mobile hotspot for laptop email. Here's hoping VZW is going to help me.
Bob

If you look at the thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...data-issues-seem-across-board-all-phones.html it looks like other phones have data problems as well. As for me, I live in a valley so most of the time at home I'm without data, but it comes up after I leave my house.

Last edited:

beltwaybob

Reaction score
Data Problems

Just like they said in the thread about data problems across the board, my previous phone was a Droid 2, which had very few problems with data connection. I've locked the Bionic in 3G since there isn't any 4G nearby and I can't get email or mobile hotspot. VZW has holes in its coverage for sure but if my old phone worked, the newer, better Bionic should be at least as good. (IMHO)
Bob

beltwaybob

Reaction score
Data Connection

As stated earlier, I often get "No Data Connection" on my Bionic so there's no email, no mobile hotspot. I'm out in the boonies.

So I have a question: Does 4G work better than 3G at the same distance? If they ever put up 4G in the tower they are using, will it get to me better than 3G?

Also, reading excerpts from another forum, one person said that the Nexus has a better radio than the Bionic or Razr. Any thoughts on that?

TIA
Bob

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I have a question: Does 4G work better than 3G at the same distance? If they ever put up 4G in the tower they are using, will it get to me better than 3G?

TIA
Bob

We live in a valley so data is spotty at best. When I do have data, it's 3G most of the time and when I leave my house 4G locks in. I guess it depends on signal strength.

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
just thought I would update. I got a call from VZW.. the same tech I talked to believe it or not! She called me back personally today to let me know they finally got a CPOR device today, and are sending it out overnight. I'll have it in the morning =D. So happy to finally say goodbye to my bionic. I'll probably miss the dev community, but I haven't even rooted my bionic. *shrug* Tired of moto's non-support, delays, and vaporware updates anyway. Also did anyone happen to notice the biggest android manufacturer as of Q3? :)

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
We live in a valley so data is spotty at best. When I do have data, it's 3G most of the time and when I leave my house 4G locks in. I guess it depends on signal strength.

4G is weaker than standard 3G in that it will not travel as far if I understand it correctly.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
just thought I would update. I got a call from VZW.. the same tech I talked to believe it or not! She called me back personally today to let me know they finally got a CPOR device today, and are sending it out overnight. I'll have it in the morning =D. So happy to finally say goodbye to my bionic. I'll probably miss the dev community, but I haven't even rooted my bionic. *shrug* Tired of moto's non-support, delays, and vaporware updates anyway. Also did anyone happen to notice the biggest android manufacturer as of Q3? :)

Right when they r abt to drop a fix and the bionic is guna be cracked... u fool. *smh*

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Right when they r abt to drop a fix and the bionic is guna be cracked... u fool. *smh*

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

WTH are you smoking man? I understand you have one of the unicorns (a working bionic), but there is no/little progress on unlocking the boot loader, everything I've seen so far has been a dead end. As for the update.. yeah that doesn't keep getting pushed back and/or not fixing the data handling issues or anything like that :blink:. So really looks like to me the only thing moto is dropping is the ball *shrug*. Rezound has it's issues, but, the issues it has are very minor compared to the data drops on the bionic. Add screen and cam quality... how is anything about taking the rezound foolish. Oh yes.. and let's not forget, it's bootloader WILL get cracked. Look at the thunderbolt and DINC 1/2. Now look at all moto devices, they are still locked down, Moto encryption technology..... there is a reason the military uses it.