10+ hours with tech support.. multiple devices and sims.. multiple tickets = ...

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Waiting on a rezound to be available for shipping to me. The data issues have been insatiable, the run-around from VZW from department to department to moto back to VZW to more departments finally got on my dark side :icon_ devil:. They admitted they could not fix the issue and insisted I sit idle by and wait on the update to come out, pulled my guns out of my pocket... Contract rights. Did I mention I couldn't send texts at all yesterday? That was the true final straw for me, all I use this device for is text and data *shrug*. The tech I was speaking with said I had to go online to initiate mediation, I replied that their ONLINE agreement states to call CS to get the mediation started. I told her I've been run around the mill by VZW and if I couldn't find the mediation form online I would immediately file for arbitration. That got some stuff accomplished. FYI for you guys, in the contract if you win an arbitration you're minimum agreed amount from VZW is $5000. It's a nuke to draw that out against CS reps :).

So.. I finally got my data issues fixed. sorta lmao. If anyone knows of a rezound with said data issues please let me know ASAP and I'll just skip to arbitration :p

mikespe

Reaction score
You may want to wait for the Nexus...from my experience comparing the Rezound to the Bionic IMO the Bionic won hands down. However I am NOT having issues with my data on my Bionic. I wish I could convince you the Bionic was the better phone but if I had your experience I would feel the same as you. But I would definitely look into the Nexus before the Rezound...Just my opinion

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I would skip the Rezound also, but thats just my opinion.
People are drooling for the Nexus yet we've already seen some hands on feedback that isnt so positive... and some is great.
Only time will tell if this is the first Sammy device on VZW that actually lives up to the hype. *shrugs*

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've looked around on AC and on the forums here, and aside from the nationwide outages the last few days found no issue on the rezound sets out there! I don't question the bionic vs rezound in the power battle one bit, Bionic takes it hands down and then adds many features the rezound will never have (lapdock, HD docking, etc), however, I can not keep dealing with this data issue, as this is my only internet connection at home via PDAnet. I'm sure the nexus will be great, but unless there is a fix (even in the dev community!) for the bionic, that's where I'm going. I'm also tired of dealing with VZW support, and don't even want to bother to continue to wait for other potential fixes or phones, as it is I'll already have to wait on a rezound lol. They offered me an early upgrade option also, and had it not been for the sheer expense of these phones and my next $400 extra already being dedicated to a set of shocks for my car I probably would have and kept the bionic around for S&G wouldve been pretty awesome to tether that to the rezound and still have the features I bought the bionic for in the first place (HD dock w/ wireless keyboard and mouse). I really feel like any advantage the nexus would have over the rezound will balance out post ICS anyways *shrug*.. though the bionic with ICS... ah well, need my data to work 100% of the time :(

Last edited:

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I hate to recommend it but if you really cant wait there is a leaked OTA (5.7.893) which fixes most of the data issues and greatly improves the Bionic. If you can hang in there a bit longer, the soak test emails were sent out this past week and "should" start soon. I'm sure the moment the soak test starts someone will post the update for others to install so hang in there.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Rumor has it there is a OTA scheduled to be pushed out *very* soon for the Bionic, however nobody knows exactly when so I know that dosent help you today.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I hate to recommend it but if you really cant wait there is a leaked OTA (5.7.893) which fixes most of the data issues and greatly improves the Bionic. If you can hang in there a bit longer, the soak test emails were sent out this past week and "should" start soon. I'm sure the moment the soak test starts someone will post the update for others to install so hang in there.

Considering the official OTA is very close I would not suggest flashing any of the leaks right now, even though many of the people who have reported trying it have reported excellent results.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Everyone keeps talkin galaxy nexus but my point is who wants a phone with only 16 gb of storage capacity and no option to make it any larger at 300$???? Unlocked bootloader or not.. screw that. Bionic will be fixed. Soon. Then you'll have the only non amoled..32gb out the box.. fast 0map dual core.. 4.3" lte device with its first and most important patch out. Sounds like win to me. Course ive never once besides vzw national outages had ANY data problems...so i know u must be frustrated. Hang in there!

sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
well, according to verizon's records all they have available says within the next 2 months on the official true OTA. If I don't have my rezound by the time the OTA is pushed I may reconsider and try the OTA awhile, it normally only takes me a day to find out if it will work or not anyways lol. There are some people nearby me that have the 5.7.893 software, and it did NOT fix the issue for them, there are also some on the forums that report the same not quite as close but down around Atlanta.

Keep in mind I live on a fringe zone where 3G is dominant, but even locked into CDMA only I have had issues, if I could lock into CDMA and be good I would have no beef with VZW, and would hold onto the bionic without a doubt, I love being able to see the screen in the sun! lol. so much so I'm debating going back to my *slight cringe* OG Droid until something is straightened out.

Also the "sit and wait" is what got me having to fight for a different phone in the first place now I'm in the last 2 weeks of my final semester of college with over 40 pages of papers to write, with an intermittent data connection or a 20 mile drive to the nearest public PCs with high-speed. gotta love that pre-law major.. *sigh*

Last edited:

ex0rcist

Reaction score
well, according to verizon's records all they have available says within the next 2 months on the official true OTA. If I don't have my rezound by the time the OTA is pushed I may reconsider and try the OTA awhile, it normally only takes me a day to find out if it will work or not anyways lol. There are some people nearby me that have the 5.7.893 software, and it did NOT fix the issue for them, there are also some on the forums that report the same not quite as close but down around Atlanta.

Probably exactly why that wasn't the official release..lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
lol ex, I'll keep my fingers crossed. The bionic can handle a much larger battery without looking awkward like the ReZound also :p who knows how long I'll have to wait before they even get me a rezound out, and then I'll have the typical 5 days after that.

rasaun87

Reaction score
The bionic beats it hands down? Rezound has better screen, better camera, updated 4g radio, faster processor, and I have had it since it came out and NO DROP SIGNALS. I don't understand how the bionic is better lol. And I had both. The switch between 4g/3g is quick. I guess the build on the bionic is better.

sent from my rezound that may NOT be traded for a gnex

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
The bionic beats it hands down? Rezound has better screen, better camera, updated 4g radio, faster processor, and I have had it since it came out and NO DROP SIGNALS. I don't understand how the bionic is better lol. And I had both. The switch between 4g/3g is quick. I guess the build on the bionic is better.

rasaun this makes me VERY happy to hear! I'm assuming you had data drop on your Bionic?

As far as bionic beats it hands down.. it's an IMHO kinda thing. Call quality on the voice radio on moto is typically better, build quality overall is typically stronger in moto, not something I've read about the rezound this time though! The screen is a hit or miss, I really enjoy the quality of the bionic screen in bright sunlight going to and from classes and not skipping a beat if data doesnt drop out has been nice! The processor, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Rezound processor built on A8 and not A9 tech? But as I said IMHO I prefer OMAP processors (for overclocking if we ever make it that far!) to anything out there, the ones in the OG were nearly indestructible lol. Also just a best guess but I think the bionic will see ICS before the ReZound, if not only due to it being so similiar to the RAZR and them trying to keep their dying image alive.. also after the merger with google they will be working hard on pushing it out ASAP. Even after all this trouble my next phone will likely be a Tegra 3 Moto device unless HTC steals my soul on all counts, the typically better cameras vs moto from HTC though could be a deciding factor. It's nice to have a simple camera that takes nice shots on hand all the time. and I am definitely looking forward to the bueaty that is the screen!... that and on the dev side, looks like it's all hands on deck on getting S-Off on the rezound just like it is on the bionic, so I'm not too terribly worried about what mfg is going to push ICS first ;). The direct windows media interface on moto devices is also nice though. that and the new non-blur interface from moto is actually nice!

All that said reports like yours are what sent me guns blazing at VZW pushing for a ReZound :)

Last edited:

mikespe

Reaction score

Let me rephrase what I wrote...MY Bionic beats the Rezound HANDS DOWN! I don't have data drops and my camera takes fantastic pictures, and the screen looks FAR better in sunlight than the Rezound (and the Rezound is FAR too saturated compared to the Bionic IMO...PLUS my Bionic doesn't run Sense so it is MUCH more responsive.