10+ hours with tech support.. multiple devices and sims.. multiple tickets = ...

beltwaybob

Reaction score
I've been communicating with vzw by email. The latest from them says in part:

At this time Google and Motorola are both aware of these issues. There are several other issues occurring with the phone locking itself in "Sleep Mode" and requiring a soft reset. We are currently not replacing these devices for different models. The update was to be provided by Motorola just this past Wednesday 11-30-11, but it was pushed back. Once the update arrives on your phone, you'll be able to enjoy the stability of data connectivity on your phone. Additional information on the update can be provided by Motorola. Their toll free number is 866-721-5480.

So I called that number and the guy says that my NO DATA CONNECTION problem is a non-issue. I don't know what that means. Then he goes on to say that an update should be coming in 45 to 60 days. I didn't see any value in arguing with him so I thanked him and hung up.

Bob

bluezdawg

Reaction score
4G is weaker than standard 3G in that it will not travel as far if I understand it correctly.

Not sure about that. My 3g signal is the same as it was when I had my OG (that is pretty moderate), only difference is, it now drops (whether I am set to CDMA or CDMA LTE). My 4g signal appears really strong and is wicked fast, till it drops. Would be interesting to see if it would stay up if there was an LTE only setting :blink:

btw, better add, so no one is offended... I still love my Bionic because it is helping build character :biggrin::p