10.1 flash update problem

johnncy08

Reaction score
first off, hi all

now the problem...updated OTA to 2.2 about 2 weeks ago and this morning i wake up to the update that allows me to get flash 10.1 from the market so i did the update and got 10.1 from the market and its installed BUT it doesnt run and i cant find the icon to launch it anywhere. when i go into settings>applications>running its not there but if i go to settings>applications>manage applications its there

tried going to the m.flash.com and got nothing

so how do i get this to launch?

i use either the stock browser or opera mini and in the stock browser i have plugins enabled to always

TIA for any help

bpad10

Reaction score
Try going to another flash heavy site like cnn,...I had problems with m.flash also, but haven't had a problem with any other web sites...other thn it being choppy occasionally

samsonite801

Reaction score
Opera Mini won't work for flash. And the problem with the stock browser is that it IDs itself as an Android browser so most webpages will forward you to the m version of that site like www.m.cnn.com which won't have any flash content on it. Get a browser like the Dolphin-HD browser, or Skyfire browser, or Xscope browser, as they all have settings to change how your browser presents itself to the www. You can set it to 'desktop' and then it won't force you to go to the m version of every site. Once you actually get to the cnn.com site you will see all the flash movies and they will just work as long as you installed Adobe Flash Player.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You can change the stock browsers UAstring to desktop by typing "about:debug" hit enter, then go into setting and change the UAstring.

OP
J

johnncy08

Reaction score
ok, i put in dolphin HD set it desktop made add ons always on went to cnn.com and was able to watch video m.flash.com shows up now and all is good...now my wife is another story...did the same things to her phone went to cnn etc and it works BUT she cant get those stupid facebook farm/fish etc games to work, just a grey box with an icon in the middle shows up...do those games not work with this yet? (if at all)...just so i can fix it for her or tell her shes SOL

and thanks for the tips to get mine working

Big Cam

Reaction score
ok, i put in dolphin HD set it desktop made add ons always on went to cnn.com and was able to watch video m.flash.com shows up now and all is good...now my wife is another story...did the same things to her phone went to cnn etc and it works BUT she cant get those stupid facebook farm/fish etc games to work, just a grey box with an icon in the middle shows up...do those games not work with this yet? (if at all)...just so i can fix it for her or tell her shes SOL

and thanks for the tips to get mine working
You need to press that button.

Her flash is not enabled as always on, it's on demand.

OP
J

johnncy08

Reaction score
You need to press that button.

Her flash is not enabled as always on, it's on demand.

i did hit it and it showed the game loading screen then went to an "!" in the middle...and i have enable plug ins set to always on not on demand