are you happy with flash 10.1?

doiderg

Reaction score
i installed flash player 10.1 today and i think it is useless.
it very laggy and makes my browsers load very slow.
Are you having the same problem?

What are some good web pages that work good with flash 10.1?

EbE404

Reaction score

I've had it since it came out, and my opinion and experience is pretty much the same. I do appreciate having it for when it is absolutely needed (the odd site that uses Flash components for primary functionality-like my mechanic's), but I don't have particularly warm and fuzzy feelings about Flash in general. I use ClickToFlash on my Macs to kill it outright unless I need it.

Now, that said, some others here have said they've had relatively good experiences, and it might improve with 10.2, but I'm not holding my breath.

OP
D

doiderg

Reaction score
T

I've had it since it came out, and my opinion and experience is pretty much the same. I do appreciate having it for when it is absolutely needed (the odd site that uses Flash components for primary functionality-like my mechanic's), but I don't have particularly warm and fuzzy feelings about Flash in general. I use ClickToFlash on my Macs to kill it outright unless I need it.

Now, that said, some others here have said they've had relatively good experiences, and it might improve with 10.2, but I'm not holding my breath.

I ve been waiting for the update for a mouth. So now when is 10.2 going to be released? does the droid have the power/speed for flash? i wonder if droid x is as laggy too?

Is there anyway to turn off and on flash on the browsers?

Sent from my Droid

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've read that the final version is much better. Also, check your browser's settings to make plugins available on demand...like the flashblock firefox plugin.

leadhead

Reaction score
It works for me, maybe because I'm overclocked. Idk but if hardware acceleration comes out for flash it will run better.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I picture Steve Jobs smiling while he reads this thread thinking

TOLD YOU!

LOL

tbever

Reaction score
flash slow as a pig

Here's an interesting take on flash for Android. Apparently flash works best if it is optimized for mobile. I have noted that on my D1 with sapphire at 1 gz regular flash video sites are pretty much unusable. The audio is usually ok but the video is very choppy {? 1 fps or 1 frame q 2 secs). I think I will uninstall flash.

Flash on Android test shows slowdowns, incompatibility | Electronista

EbE404

Reaction score
Is there anyway to turn off and on flash on the browsers?

Sent from my Droid

On the the stock browser, X-Scope and Dolphin HD (and I assume others), you have three options-Enable, Disable and On-Demand.

I would suggest on-Demand. When you come across Flash content, there will be an icon-you click on it and it loads. It's an extra tap, of course, but it preserves bandwidth, time and resources trying to download and display garbage that you may not want.

As aminaked mentions, this functions like the Firefox plug-in or ClickToFlash on a Mac.

As for the actual ability of the Droid hardware to run it, I guess we'll have to wait and see how much optimization Adobe can pull off. I see this as being kind of Adobe's last chance to be taken seriously regarding Flash on any kind of mobile device, so I'm sure they want to get it right.

On the other hand, as I mentioned, for me, the ship has already sailed-I rarely miss Flash except when I'm absolutely forced to use it.

bamarammin87

Reaction score
I thought it was useless. Too laggy to be worth a crap, and flash still didn't work on lots of websites. I'm majorly disappointed, especially after waiting 6 months for this crap.

EbE404

Reaction score
I picture Steve Jobs smiling while he reads this thread thinking

TOLD YOU!

LOL

Yeah, I agree with that.

However, just to keep the balance of the universe right, every time one of these moments pops up, I feel the need to fire up Windows on my Mac or tether my iPad to my Droid.

You know, just to keep all the "smug tech karma" from all ends in check. ;)

At the end of the day, I don't care what it is or who makes it as long as it does what I want it to.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It works for me, maybe because I'm overclocked. Idk but if hardware acceleration comes out for flash it will run better.

same here has worked like a charm for some time now... i spend plenty of time playing flash games while listening to pandora with no lag issues what so ever.

EbE404

Reaction score

same here has worked like a charm for some time now... i spend plenty of time playing flash games while listening to pandora with no lag issues what so ever.

I'm OCed as well. I'm sure some site work better than others, but my experience so far has not been good.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I am happy with it, I have watched full movies with it and enjoyed the experience. I am OC'ed. When I watch something on Justin.TV it has a few stutters on startup, but it smooths out.

My question for those who are having issues is, were you on WiFi or 3g?
I can use it on both, but WiFi is better. Also, if you are on 3g, how is your connection? Flash is generally data intensive, so you need a really good 3g connection for it to work properly.