are you happy with flash 10.1?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm happy with Flash.

I agree on the comments about the X and Droid 2. Ppl's experience with Flash on the latest phones might be different.

On my Droid 1, radiotime.com worked good. Thats all I really tested it against. And a game site someone wanted me to test: evony.com

With the extra RAM and updated LPDDR memory, so far it works nice on my X. Probably better than on my Droid. I rotated the X and the game didnt try to reload. I remember that happening on my Droid.

Yea, I justed tested something. The screen turned off. The game was still there when I unlocked the phone. On my Droid, it would always have to reload when that happened.

I feel folks Flash experience will be a lil better on the latest phones. And I agree, any Flash is better than no Flash. Some stuff I use Chrome 2 Phone for needs Flash.

cas0134

Reaction score
So far I am happy we finally have it, (my droid is stock) but there is something I don't like about it that I don't know how to change. I will be using flash for listening to an AM news/sportstalk and hopefully Packer games by using their "listen live" feature and it works great for that so far, but how can I turn off the screen and keep the audio feed going?? Is there a way to set it up like Pandora where it keeps running in the background? Any help with this would be appreciated, I don't always have access to keep my phone plugged in and to be able to stream with the screen on which, when I tried it the other day really eats a battery quick. Thanks for any help.

Bill Cauley

Reaction score
What mine does when the on/off switch is depressed is to cause the screen to go black and the sound to shut off.

But when I press it the second time, the lock screen comes on dimmed, along with the sound. It doesn't seem to be using much battery in this mode.

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
I have a Droid 1 and use Flash "on demand". I really don't like using it, it slows down my droid, eats up the battery and 9 times out of 10, the video is "not optimized for a mobile phone".

What is really frustrating is coming across a YouTube video that is embedded in a Flash player (for lack of a better term). If you click on it after it loads, you then have the option of going directly to the YouTube player, which works flawlessly. I just hate that you have to first load the flash video and then click on it to get to YouTube. I wish Flash would automatically give you the option to go to YouTube without having to load the Flash video first.

terrancestotts

Reaction score
Still dont have flash

I recently updated to 2.2 or FROYO, I thought flash was coming with it, i guessed wrong. How do i get flash on my droid? I travel alot and have netflix would like to be able to watch on my phone any suggestions are welcomed.