ZAGG or Ghost Armor

MoonMan

Reaction score
Trying to decide what to get. I kind of want full body protection on the phone but I dont neccessarily need it. So what do yall prefer ZAGG or Ghost Armor

yearn

Reaction score
Zagg for me.. hopefully the release one early coz i hate having my droid scratched up.. :)

They already got one out-->

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Motorola Droid Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I love IS full body coverage but I dont like the screen protectors at all.
I cant stand the stick, rubbery feel of them.
The 3 pack at Verizon for 3.99 is perfect for me, slick and perfectly clear, no orange peel look at all like the Zagg and Ghost Armour and BSE

foolie

Reaction score
I already applied my ZAGG last night, will post pics later today...afterwhich i hope the microsuds would disappear.

Only down side with it is that it is slightly sticky when scrolling.

yearn

Reaction score
I already applied my ZAGG last night, will post pics later today...afterwhich i hope the microsuds would disappear.

Only down side with it is that it is slightly sticky when scrolling.

It will drive you crazy! I had one on my Vogue and on my Diamond and it makes scrolling so much worse!
I plan on buying the Zagg full body and not using the screen protector

yearn

Reaction score
Yeah, i may consider picking up a vzw one or SGP shield

Id go with the VZW one, you get 3 for 12.99 and they are perfectly clear and smooth and WAY easier to install than the rubbery expensive ones.

foolie

Reaction score
Is it a fingerprint magnet? i may pick it up today. These urethane screens really hinder my droid experience.

denlem

Reaction score
I have the VZW protector and it's a royal pain to install, unless i'm doing something wrong. They are cut so exact, that if you don't start it perfectly straight, by the time you get to the bottom, just being skewed a little forces it up over the edge and it won't lay flat.

Then there is the dust. One little piece of dust under it causes a bubble. No matter how much you clean and use compressed air, dust always shows up.

I've already used up my 3 trying to get it right.

On the positive side, your finger slides nicely on and I notice no difference in sensitivity, but it is a finger print magnet.

I'm thinking the wet method of putting on a protector is the best, but don't know if that will work with the VZW ones. I may give it a shot later.

yearn

Reaction score
I have the VZW protector and it's a royal pain to install, unless i'm doing something wrong. They are cut so exact, that if you don't start it perfectly straight, by the time you get to the bottom, just being skewed a little forces it up over the edge and it won't lay flat.

Then there is the dust. One little piece of dust under it causes a bubble. No matter how much you clean and use compressed air, dust always shows up.

On the positive side, your finger slides nicely on and I notice no difference in sensitivity, but it is a finger print magnet.

I'm thinking the wet method of putting on a protector is the best, but don't know if that will work with the VZW ones. I may give it a shot later.

Best way Iv found is to steam up the bathroom then turn the shower off and let the steam settle along with any dust floating around in there.
Then go in the bathroom and wipe the screen down with an alchol pad, then wipe it with the included lint-free cloth to remove any streaks.

Then when installing it, start at the top of the screen, while holding the protector from the bottom edges.
line up the ear speaker and the top 2 corners.
then start squeeging it down slowly making sure to get all the air bubbles out as you go.
I use a rubber squeege I got with an invisibleSHIELD a long time ago but a credit card works also.

As far as installing it wet. that works great with the soft rubber protectors but it makes the hard plastic ones look like crap and not stick like they should.

denlem

Reaction score

Best way Iv found is to steam up the bathroom then turn the shower off and let the steam settle along with any dust floating around in there.
Then go in the bathroom and wipe the screen down with an alchol pad, then wipe it with the included lint-free cloth to remove any streaks.

Then when installing it, start at the top of the screen, while holding the protector from the bottom edges.
line up the ear speaker and the top 2 corners.
then start squeeging it down slowly making sure to get all the air bubbles out as you go.
I use a rubber squeege I got with an invisibleSHIELD a long time ago but a credit card works also.

As far as installing it wet. that works great with the soft rubber protectors but it makes the hard plastic ones look like crap and not stick like they should.

I did try the shower method this morning but that wasn't much better. I guess i'll keep trying or just go for the ZAGG.

benhebert

Reaction score
Looking for pictures... I've currently got the crap case that vzw provided. Definitely need to upgrade

webby

Reaction score
Trying to decide what to get. I kind of want full body protection on the phone but I dont neccessarily need it. So what do yall prefer ZAGG or Ghost Armor

I have the Ghost Armor on my G1, both full body and screen, and really like it. I am buying a droid today, and intend to get Ghost Armor applied to it as soon as convenient.

I tried all kinds of screen protectors, and Ghost Armor is the only one that I have liked. On my G1, I got mine put on at a kiosk locally in a mall, and they didn't charge me the list price. I paid like $30 installed plus tax for full body plus screen, which included lifetime warranty. Even if you have to return the phone to your carrier on warranty, they will put new armor on the replacement phone. Someone brought a warranty replacement phone in and they did it while I was there.

searayman

Reaction score
are there any difference in feel between ghost Armour and zag and with these shields on will the Droid still fit into the media charging dock thing?