ZAGG or Ghost Armor

k-bueno

Reaction score
Another vote for Ghost Armor...tried the Zagg on the Storm and found it took away touch sensitivity. Both products edges will lift over time (took a year on my storm), especially if you are in the dirt alot like me. Ghost armor will replace it though (if you ask nicely).

biggestmexi

Reaction score
DSC03979.jpg

DSC03980.jpg

DSC03981.jpg

DSC03982.jpg

DSC03983.jpg

:icon_ banana:

1GstoEnvy

Reaction score
i just got my droid in the mail yesterday...so after work i stopped at the local mall to pick up a ZAGG full body yesterday.... i have one on my iphone and i liked it... i've never tried the ghost armor, so i couldn't compair it with that... but i've tried a few other ones and ZAGG has to be the best one i've tried....

biggestmexi

Reaction score
it is just vinyl. i had it laying around and i put it over my ghost armor. so no harm!

its not terrible and hella cheaper than trying to vacuum seal some carbon fiber from scratch.

tpdroid

Reaction score
I'm posting several sets of pictures here in hopes it wil help you decide. This set is the Zagg kit (post installation so the shielding pieces have been removed already. The kit comes with two sheets of fitted shielding for the frint and back (16 separate pieces total or so), an application credit card ( a bit too large IMHO ) and a tray with a sponge and the application solution (a departure from the normal pump-sprayer Zagg had sent in the past). Installation was tedious but not overly difficult and took me about 30 minutes. If I was a perfectionist I may have "removed and reset" the larger pieces to fix some minor imperfections in my placement and it would have taken a bit longer.

tpdroid

Reaction score
These are various shots of my Droid after applying the Zagg shielding. Note that my camera's Macro ability actually shows accumulated lint at the edges that I can't even see with my eye. Also, it was difficult to get a focussed picture of the screen without glare so I apologize if it isn't a graet picture. Just wanted to demostrate that the Zagg covering doesn't interfere with or distort the display at all. There are imperfections in the application but that is an installation issue, not a product issue. I deemed the application "good enough" for my purposes. I took the close-ups so you could see how the edges are not covered and how the beveled edge coverage works. Also, the flat edge on teh bottom is NOT covered. It is the only part not covered by Zagg's kit.

I recommend at least the screen coverage. So far I am very pleased with the application. The phone looks great.

Diocat

Reaction score
I installed my Ghost Armor yesterday and I too thought the feel of the installed product felt "sharp" causing a heavy edge feeling. Other than that, it surpassed my expectations so I'm probably going to keep it on.

On the Ghost Armor, I like the fact that the "corner pieces" are designed to wrap around the corner then you continue it with a shorter straight piece for the sides so you don't have the exposed corners that the Zagg leaves.

Also, I am really bad at installing these new style protective skins. I normally completely screw up one Zagg before I get it right. The Ghost Armor, I was able to install it fairly easily. A couple pieces are a touch out of alignment but with a little improvisation it ended up working well for me so I think I'm keeping it on.

I just ordered a car mount today so I'm not sure if that minor thickness change will interfere with the fit or not, I only say this because some manufacturers make accessories with such tight tolerances lately. Guess I will know on Tuesday when my car kit arrives if it fits or not (unless someone here posts first to tell me :p).

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I just installed my Ghost Armor today. Overall it took me about a half an hour for the full install. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't a walk in the park either.

Screen protector... 6 hours later and the little bubbles have started to disappear and I have to say that I like the feel of it. It's slippery enough that it doesn't make working with the screen a pain like the Zagg did.

I am not sure if I like the shiny appearance it gives the whole Droid now and we'll see if I leave that all on in the long run.

Tomorrow at work I'll snap a few shots in the photo booth.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
it is just vinyl. i had it laying around and i put it over my ghost armor. so no harm!

its not terrible and hella cheaper than trying to vacuum seal some carbon fiber from scratch.

I am surprised because if someone had described doing this to their Droid I would have recoiled in horror. HOWEVER, after seeing the pics, I like it!

Reaction score
i have the zagg screen protector but haven't put it on, I hope its not sticky like some of you have mentioned. Does it come off easily?

dannydoes

Reaction score
Quick question regarding either skin. For those that have applied the skin, will the phone still fit in either the car mount or the multimedia docking station? That would be a huge plus for me since I'm really not looking forward to removing the case each time.

Anyone have any input on this?
I've got the Verizon 3 pack too. I also have both docks and yes the phone still fits in both of them. A bit snug in the car one, but that's a good thing. No problems.

I did end up with the top left corner raised like a few other people and would like to try again, but Im afraid to pull it off. It's been on there for a couple weeks now. Does anyone know how to get them off?

fox_91

Reaction score
Just installed the Zagg, took bout 30 minutes or so, there are a few smaller pieces. Anyways, I am wondering why there were no pieces for the outer edge around the phone (basically the edge that has the camera, volume, and usb plug). Did anyone else get a piece for this edge? I found it odd because that is the edge that sticks out most, and its really not any thinner than the other pieces.

kastj

Reaction score
If you guys decide to go with Ghost Armor I found a code that gives you a whopping $1.50 off your order on their website. What can I say, I like to save money. The code is 20090325. Just use it at the checkout and done.

ironwolf1

Reaction score
I heard alot of people having issues with the ZAGG, and a VZ customer came into the VZ store and had a problem with the touchscreen and wanted a new Droid, but after looking the phone over they found that the screen protector from Zagg was causing the issue, once it was removed the phone operated like the day he bought it.