Set The Record Straight: Ghost Armor with Docks and Cases

Aspesi4

Reaction score
When I purchased my droid I wanted all the accessories. I'm a fan of the Ghost Armor skin, but I wanted the multimedia dock and the car dock. From the posts on this forum, it sounded like the skins would not impact your ability to use the docks or for that matter any cases. I installed the Ghost Armor skin yesterday and tested with all these products and here are the results.

- Multimedia Dock - Works fine with a skin.

- Car Dock - Does NOT work! The car dock is fit snugly to the size of the phone. The extra width of the skin makes a huge difference. At first I tried to cram it in there, but realized it was a pain. I'd say if you want the Ghost Armor and the car dock, modify the skin and use only the pieces which do not impact the car dock. For example, I have the skin on the front and back, but the car dock snaps to the corners. This set up works fine.

- Verizon Silicone Case - I purchased this for extra protection until a nice Pouch case comes out and it's the same song and dance as in the Car Dock. The sides with the skin impact the cases ability to snap to the phone.

If you have any questions or need any help with anything, please let me know as I have tested all these configurations.

Dan

Reaction score
I can't comment on the docks, but I had the same issue with the silicone case. It fits so snugly that it could not fit on properly after I installed PhantomSkinz.

cathivw

Reaction score
I can't comment on the docks, but I had the same issue with the silicone case. It fits so snugly that it could not fit on properly after I installed PhantomSkinz.
I have full body PhantomSkinz and no problem with either dock. Maybe just lucky.