ZAGG or Ghost Armor

yearn

Reaction score
Iv heard some places have Zagg and GhostArmour retail stores, and they will install it for you for free, that would be cool to have it guaranteed to be put on perfect.
To bad theres none of them anywhere around me :sad:

egan21

Reaction score
I got a free install of the zagg shield yesterday over at best buy. I had to return my phone because the call quality was terrible (the replaced it no problem, new phone works like a charm.)

Anyway, I had bought some verizon screen protectors and went through all three trying to get everything lined up and bubble free.

I asked the rep if I could get the screen protectors replaced, just to see what he would say and they had just received a shipment of zagg invisbleshield and the guy said he would give it to me and install it for free.

My quick review:

The best buy rep installed it flawlessly in about 3mins so I was impress with that, the screen fits perfect on the device.

The screen is hardly noticeable

There IS a bit of an Orange Peel effect but, personally it doesn't really bother me. It doesn't affect the view of the screen when it's on.

It is 'softer to the touch and was a bit sticky for about the entire day yesterday but it has subsided as the screen dried out and settled in.
My fingers glide pretty smooth across the screen, I've found that the lighter I slide across the screen the better.

With that said, the sensitivity is spot on without any issues.

The zagg is fingerprint prone which is kind of annoying but, with a quick swipe of a piece of cloth or my shirt it's clear. It doesn't fingerprint a lot right away but with multiple power ons and swiped or playing a game or browsing it can accumulate fingerprints and become noticeable.

Overall, I'm pleased and will probably leave it on since it was free and will protect my screen without any affect on the use of the device.
I haven't ever used a screen protector before so I can't compare it to anything else so this is good for me.

Hope I helped.

euz

Reaction score
Got my ghost-armor today and installed it. It had lots of small pieces (didn't count but it was more than ten) to protect not only front and back but also side. So far so good.

comprocon

Reaction score
Used Zagg, Trying Wrapsol, questions about GA

I've had Zagg on other equipment, and as much as I like the durability of it, I find that the front screen never got smooth enough for a nice glide.

Also, the corners would tend to peel off. But incredibly durable and I rested much easier than using a case.

Just received Wrapsol today, and applied, very similar to Zagg, but:

a) different/clear front piece. Very nice glide/scrolling, but my application was a little smudgy

b) Although it covered front, back and part of the sides (where the buttons are) it did NOT cover the outermost edge that I'm assuming will get the most scuffs and nicks. I might return this.

does anyone know if the Ghost Armor covers all the surfaces of the Droid?

Thanks

searayman

Reaction score
Got my ghost-armor today and installed it. It had lots of small pieces (didn't count but it was more than ten) to protect not only front and back but also side. So far so good.

how is the sensitivity and touch etc. please tell us what you think of it

euz

Reaction score
First of all, the reason why I didn't write a long review about the ghost armor (actually I wanted!) was I thought my English wasn't good enough to write something that may help other people. So please excuse my mistakes if you see. :)

Obviously ghost-armor has front screen protector and four small protectors for the back side (very top, camera lens part, battery cover and the very bottom part) just like the product picture of Invisibleshield one.

Also it has small pieces to protect sides ... which was little bit difficult to install. Anyway, it covers the side of the top part where the screen is, the middle part where buttons are, and the bottom part where the power button icon is on the top of the phone. So it seems like it covers all the surface of Droid ...

I haven't used any other products so I cannot tell this is better than others, but I like it. I used the phone without a screen protector and touch feeling with the ghost armor is similar or slightly better. It is quite smooth. Also I do not have any problems about sensitivity. And no orange peel effect.

One thing that I do not like is ... when I grab the phone, I can feel protector's edges. Also I think dust can stick easily at edges of small protector pieces ...

Anyway, that's what I feel about the ghost-armor. :)

Last edited:

denlem

Reaction score
I received my Ghost Armour a few days ago and only installed the screen part since I have the Body Glove on it.

The install was easy and it went well. Spray it down, line it up, and squeege off the liquid. Once most of the liquid is out, set the alignment up so that its perfect and blot the excess off and let it sit for a few hours to dry. The bubbles under the protector looks like they will take a long time to dry.

It does fit nice and I don't see this thing coming off easily. The material is smooth and I see no change in sensitivity.

It does attract fingerprints and smudges, but no where near as much as the Verizon protector.

Once thing I did notice on my protector was something that looked like a 1.5 inch hairline crack or scratch. It wasn't visible until it was sitting on the Droid with a black screen. Looks like a defect in the material. I also see some horizontal scratches in the material too. If this stuff is so durable, why do I find scratches in it during the install?

I contacted Ghost Armour about the possible defect, but they have yet to get back to me.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
These skins are microns thick, thin like paper. yes they'll fit

they are slightly bigger than paper

I've never used Ghost Armor before - is there a chance of ruining it if you apply it wrong (or get dust under it) as people have mentioned with the Verizon brand ones? If not, why? Are the Verizon ones sticky and the GA not?

If you mess up while applying GA - can you just rinse it off and start over?

It not something you can wipe off

DSC03970.jpg

DSC03971.jpg

DSC03972.jpg

DSC03973.jpg

DSC03978.jpg

18 pieces in total

comprocon

Reaction score
Nice that Ghost Armor covers all the sides.

I heard that wrapsol doesn't cover the outermost edge because they thought that it was too thin, and the average user would have a hard time applying it.

There was also a fear that it wouldn't have enough surface area, so it would have a hard time adhering, and would eventually come off within a short amount of time.

Do you Ghost Armor guys find that to be true in the application/use?

iunknown

Reaction score
I installed my ghost armor last night and the microbubbles are still drying. So far, I like it better than the ZAGG I put on my kindle. Not as rubbery as others report. The ghost armor changes the feel of the droid. The matt finish turns glossy and since the tips of the edges are not covered, it makes it feel sharp (like a razor, not as in cool). The edges adhered very well, but it might lift after prolonged use. I'm not too worried about it though. Mine also had some mirco scratches out of the box, but its acceptable. Seems thinner than the ZAGG. If the microbubbles on the screen clear up, I highly recommend the product. The body sheild is going to be a matter of taste.

Spr0ckEt

Reaction score
I have used Ghost Armor on multiple devices because it is not NEARLY as rubbery and sticky as Zagg or some others. It also has way less fingerprinting than others that I have tried. Also, the full body ones do feel a bit "sharp" because the edges don't contact each other. Still, much better than stock.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
I installed my ghost armor last night and the microbubbles are still drying. So far, I like it better than the ZAGG I put on my kindle. Not as rubbery as others report. The ghost armor changes the feel of the droid. The matt finish turns glossy and since the tips of the edges are not covered, it makes it feel sharp (like a razor, not as in cool). The edges adhered very well, but it might lift after prolonged use. I'm not too worried about it though. Mine also had some mirco scratches out of the box, but its acceptable. Seems thinner than the ZAGG. If the microbubbles on the screen clear up, I highly recommend the product. The body sheild is going to be a matter of taste.

i have NO bubbles under the screen

denlem

Reaction score
The bubbles may take a while to go away. After 4 days mine are almost gone. I did my neices Rogue at the same time and hers were gone in a little over a day.