Your Montly Bill

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon Surewest Plan
99999 anytime (unlimited minutes) & unlimited long distance: $45 a month.
500 pix and text. (Included)
$29 Data plan.
No insurance.

Comes to around $80 a month, give or take taxes.

Bullcrap :icon_ nono:. I just came from buying my Droid from a verizon store and they offer no such plans. I cry shenanigans. Pics or it didn't happen.

You could have just asked, no reason to be rude. Years ago I had a acount with Surewest wireless. Surewest offered all you can eat unlimited plans similar to lets say metro PCS for $45 monthy, but you didn't get internet or data plans. Well the Big Red Verizon went and assimilated them into their Network :happy:. I was a bit worry that would mean I would be converted to a minute plan, but as luck would have it Verizon said they would not change my plan I had with Surewest as long as I stayed a Verizon customer ( Surewest only had 30,000 customers, so I guess Verizon could afford to let them keep their plans) . Been with Verizon for 4 years now and just renewed my 2 years.

Bad: Can't add anyone (family, friends) to my plan, and if I leave Verizon I can never get my plan back.
Good: Verizon's network, and can now have the internet.

As for pics here you go.

Verizon1.png
Verizon2.png

I hope these meet your needs? :wink:

Last edited:

AustinGate

Reaction score
Ok. Maybe I jump the gun a little on that. I didn't mean any harm. Is this normal for a phone company to be able to just buy out all the little companys like this? Wouldn't this fall under that anti competitive law that stops monopolies or something?

Any ways here is my plan.

$105 data plan, 900 mins
Nights and weekend
Text messaging
Insurance.
$110 - $115

daddyd302

Reaction score
I have the 900 minutes select plan and unlimited data so about $110 before taxes. I went with the Best buy insurance rather then the one with Verizon. I pay $10 a month and only difference is, if the phone is lost or stolen, I'm SoL. Everything else is covered, and no deductibles and no claim limits for two years. If I don't use the warranty, I get some money back. They wouldn't tell me how much, I'm guessing like maybe like $2 back for the year, lol.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok. Maybe I jump the gun a little on that. I didn't mean any harm. Is this normal for a phone company to be able to just buy out all the little companys like this? Wouldn't this fall under that anti competitive law that stops monopolies or something?

Any ways here is my plan.

$105 data plan, 900 mins
Nights and weekend
Text messaging
Insurance.
$110 - $115

Its cool :wink:. As far as Verizon buying up companys, and if it is anti competitive or not, I have no idea. Business follows the C word tho................Capitalism.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
My bill was about $82 for 450 min and the smartphone data plan. Less than with my Voyager, but then I was paying for Navigation, FLO TV, City ID, VVM and so on. I thought of getting the $5/250 messages plan for Texting, but I don't do enough to justify that.

don_813

Reaction score
about 200 a month but i get 15 percent discount so comes out to 173
unlimited internet/ text/pics/ and 700 family shared for all phones, 2 droids and 2 env touches

HolyGrail u are so lucky,,,,lol

sho_greg

Reaction score
I miss ALLTEL.... They had some really great rates and plans...

I dont understand the above poster who was with Southwest or something and kept his plan...

When I got the Droid they forced me out of my ALLTEL plan....

Alltel had some of the best customer support, friendly, could do attitudes.

Down the memory road- I had been a customer of Alltel since 1996...
when alltel bought out 360 Communiactions.

Before that in 95 I was with Cellular ONE---- isnt that GTE- which is now VERIZON???

wil318466

Reaction score
Well, I got my bill. 103 dollars, 900 minutes, unlimited texts and email/web.

That, my friends, is after taxes WITH a 22% discount from my job.

Not happy about, it, but in all honesty I used to pay 50 bucks a month or so for 450 minutes and 250 texts. But, to justify it, now I never have to worry about going over unless I have an insane amount of phone calls to a non-verizon #, and I get

1) Web
2) email
3) texts
4) free music
5) free music (yes, its worth saying twice)
6) navigation
7) a decent camera and a video recorder in my pocket

I could make that list much longer, but putting in "coupons" just won't cut it.

For an extra 50 bucks a month, things in my life got easier. Just not getting lost anymore with navigation is nice. And, as we all know, with the prices of things these days (who ever thought you needed a 100 dollar bill to get gas and a carton of cigarettes 10 years ago?), I have to say something I hate to hear other people say "its worth it".

I think.

-Wil

Laurence5905

Reaction score
$106.04 including taxes.

This includes:
Nationwide Basic (900 minutes, 5 Friends-and-Family numbers, unlimited in-network phone, unlmited nights & weekends.)
Unlimited Data
250 texts/month
Insurance.

It went up by about $20 when I upgraded to the Droid. Was paying around $86 or so for my Motorola KRZR K1m... But I definitely think it's worth it... I mean, sure I could go to TMobile or Sprint and get a totally unlimited plan for less money, but then I'd have to deal with coverage issues (and the fact that they don't sell the Droid!) I'll pay the extra money to get coverage everywhere.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I got my bill. 103 dollars, 900 minutes, unlimited texts and email/web.

That, my friends, is after taxes WITH a 22% discount from my job.

Not happy about, it, but in all honesty I used to pay 50 bucks a month or so for 450 minutes and 250 texts. But, to justify it, now I never have to worry about going over unless I have an insane amount of phone calls to a non-verizon #, and I get

1) Web
2) email
3) texts
4) free music
5) free music (yes, its worth saying twice)
6) navigation
7) a decent camera and a video recorder in my pocket

I could make that list much longer, but putting in "coupons" just won't cut it.

For an extra 50 bucks a month, things in my life got easier. Just not getting lost anymore with navigation is nice. And, as we all know, with the prices of things these days (who ever thought you needed a 100 dollar bill to get gas and a carton of cigarettes 10 years ago?), I have to say something I hate to hear other people say "its worth it".

I think.

-Wil
There's other differences between the $50 and $103 - you doubled your minutes, you have 5 Friends and Family unlimited calls to/receive from and your phone is much more advanced than when you had $50.