Your Montly Bill

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think im getting screwed. But im not sure. Right now for two droid's Ive got the 700 min family plan, unlimited txt on both phones, data on both and insurance on mine. My bill for this month is $203. Does this sound normal? Me and the wife got our phones on Black Friday, so it was in the middle of the billing cycle.
Ok, I looked at your bill, like the old days from my VZ CS experience, you are pro-rated for your first month, almost a full month in fact (Nov. 27 to Dec. 23). So, your web/email for the pro rated month was just under a full month, then you have it for the month ahead. Same with your insurance...pro rated first month and the month ahead. Same with your secondary line, which I found interesting, they are giving you a feature discount off your data plan. On my secondary lines, I'm only getting the $29.99 charges on my daughter and her husband's Blackberry data plans. They might catch up to you eventually on the secondary line because the line has to have a monthly charge of $34.99 to qualify for corporate discount. Just a heads up.

Bottom line, next month's bill will not be pro-rated at all, so you'll just be seeing the charges for January 24 to Feb. 23. And, thankfully for you, you were apparently already on a 700 minute plan, so that didn't get pro rated since you'd already paid for that before the upgrade. Plus your taxes will be less next month.

Boy I miss looking at bills and explaining them.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think im getting screwed. But im not sure. Right now for two droid's Ive got the 700 min family plan, unlimited txt on both phones, data on both and insurance on mine. My bill for this month is $203. Does this sound normal? Me and the wife got our phones on Black Friday, so it was in the middle of the billing cycle.

it looks to me like you are paying for your data plans twice, so 4 times total, im no expert but thats what it looks like to me... dont know if that helps or not.
Read my explanation, look at the dates for the 2 data charges. He's getting charged for the current bill cycle for the data plans and then for the month ahead. It's right.

jadee

Reaction score
30€ (got the phone for 1€), Unlimited Data and 100min. Since I use MSN/ICQ more than SMS and I only make a few calls ... so it's just perfect.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They have some real low plans that don't include a lot of actually using the phone. I was offered one with a flat rate of 25.00 for 50 minutes. However it would be just that, 50 minutes no "in network" calling or any breaks like that. Looking at the bill that way when my wife travels I far exceed the 50 minutes so that was a no go.

I currently get a corporate break from the company my wife works at, have the 450 calls w/unimited in network and 250 text messages per month. I don't do a lot of texting except with my brother during baseball season so that's a non issue at this time. When Baseball season is going him and I both use Google Voice to make sure we stay under the 250 minutes. My bill is about 80.00 a month.

csutke

Reaction score
Ok, I looked at your bill, like the old days from my VZ CS experience, you are pro-rated for your first month, almost a full month in fact (Nov. 27 to Dec. 23). So, your web/email for the pro rated month was just under a full month, then you have it for the month ahead. Same with your insurance...pro rated first month and the month ahead. Same with your secondary line, which I found interesting, they are giving you a feature discount off your data plan. On my secondary lines, I'm only getting the $29.99 charges on my daughter and her husband's Blackberry data plans. They might catch up to you eventually on the secondary line because the line has to have a monthly charge of $34.99 to qualify for corporate discount. Just a heads up.

Bottom line, next month's bill will not be pro-rated at all, so you'll just be seeing the charges for January 24 to Feb. 23. And, thankfully for you, you were apparently already on a 700 minute plan, so that didn't get pro rated since you'd already paid for that before the upgrade. Plus your taxes will be less next month.

Quick question for you, can you explain how im lucky in being on a 700 min plan? do they no longer offer these? Also my bill should be lower next month correct?

heem

Reaction score
2 droids on family plan 1400 min with unlimited text/data ~160/mo

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Quick question for you, can you explain how im lucky in being on a 700 min plan? do they no longer offer these? Also my bill should be lower next month correct?
The 700 minute family share plan is still there, it goes 700, 1400, 21000, 3000, 4000. There is an unadvertised 550 minute family share plan, but you can't get that with Select - meaning no unlimited texting with it.

As long as you don't have any pro rates, purchases or overages, your next bill should be the standard bill.

smokin5s

Reaction score
130'ish, 3 phones, all have txt plans, 700 anytime min's and my droid data plan

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
4 lines, 1400 minute share plan, unlimited text, 1 phone with data plan, 1 insurance plan:

$160-170 per month

808droid

Reaction score
700 Minutes shared
9.99 second line
20.00 unlimited text
30.00 x 2 Data plan

$130 month w/23% corporate discount

metsnfins

Reaction score
450 MINUTES 39.99 minus 17% crop discount
10 DOLLAR TEXT PLAN
DATA - 29.99 minus 20% feature discount

comes out to 75 bucks after taxes

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon Surewest Plan
99999 anytime (unlimited minutes) & unlimited long distance: $45 a month.
500 pix and text. (Included)
$29 Data plan.
No insurance.

Comes to around $80 a month, give or take taxes.

Last edited:

bllarkin

Reaction score
I am still on an Alltel rate plan. We have 2 phones with this on our plan:

500 anytime minutes
11 Friends and Family numbers (10 + 1 bonus)
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Data (both smartphones)
Nights start at 7 pm
Insurance on both phones

Before I got my corp discount applied, my bill was ~$160 a month, with my 18% discount it is now around $140.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
900 min.
5 family & friends
unlimited texts
$30 data plan
insurance

total w/taxes $110. a month