Bills...

JoeeDB

Reaction score
From people who have gotten their bill, what did it look like? I've heard a few stories about how peoples have gone way way up but I haven't read why. I don't want to get my bill and have it be $100+ extra for no reason so I was just wondering if it was just a few mistakes or if there was a real reason why it went up. I can't see mine going up any at all now that I have unlimited data and text and I never go over my minutes but I just want to see what happened with everyone else.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Haven't gotten mine since I changed. I got my regular bill about 4 days after I got the Droid and it was weird, much lower than I was expecting. I'm waiting for a surprise from VZW and I'm guessing it's not going to be a good one :icon_eek:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From people who have gotten their bill, what did it look like? I've heard a few stories about how peoples have gone way way up but I haven't read why. I don't want to get my bill and have it be $100+ extra for no reason so I was just wondering if it was just a few mistakes or if there was a real reason why it went up. I can't see mine going up any at all now that I have unlimited data and text and I never go over my minutes but I just want to see what happened with everyone else.

Mine went up by 10 dollars, this is because with the voice and data plan, it came out to be 10 dollars more total. I think there were some that had it alittle more, depending upon how the CSR decided to do the account when they upgraded. Some backdated the account, and some prorated the accounts, i'm not sure if that has anything to do with the bills being alittle higher the first month.

OP
J

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Ok good. Yeah I'm fine with the bill going up a few bucks because I know it will after adding the data plan but I just don't want to get an unexpected $300+ bill like some other people I've read about!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mine was exactly the same as before. i changed from the blackberry internet plan to the smartphone/pda plan but its the same cost.

i did bill my phone to the account so there was an extra 213 dollars on there but that was expected. once you take that off its the same give or take a few pennies for tax.

zegolf

Reaction score
mine was exactly the same as before. i changed from the blackberry internet plan to the smartphone/pda plan but its the same cost.

i did bill my phone to the account so there was an extra 213 dollars on there but that was expected. once you take that off its the same give or take a few pennies for tax.

Same boat. This actually was the tipping point to switching from the Storm. VZW rep told me I wouldn't pay a penny more than what I was already paying.

Thurston

Reaction score
My first bill is $140 with a 450 minute plan. I just came from a regular cell phone at $60 and was expecting it to increase to around $100 max with the smartphone. Is this normal? I LOVE the Droid but no way am I going to pay $140/mo for it!

zegolf

Reaction score
My first bill is $140 with a 450 minute plan. I just came from a regular cell phone at $60 and was expecting it to increase to around $100 max with the smartphone. Is this normal? I LOVE the Droid but no way am I going to pay $140/mo for it!

Good Golly! Is that a family plan?

I have unlimited data, unlimited txts/pics/vids and the 450 minute plan and I pay <$100 (15% discount). No Visual Voicemail, No VZNav, none of that garbage.

segen77

Reaction score
i expect mine to go to about $250
4 lines
1400 mins
2 data plans
unlimited texting
insurance on 4 lines.

That sound about right to everyone else?

slammed

Reaction score
the first billing cycle will always be off. coming from a reg cell phone the data plan will be pro-rated and you will be paying for the next months and from the time you got your droid till the end of the billing cycle.

you just have to look at your bill and see what you are getting charged for.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i expect mine to go to about $250
4 lines
1400 mins
2 data plans
unlimited texting
insurance on 4 lines.

That sound about right to everyone else?

less then that.... the only thing you should have extra is the 2 extra lines charge at 9.99 each from what i have.

i have 2 lines
1400 min
unlimited text/video/pic messaging
1 pda/smartphone plan ($29.00)
1 blackberry enterprise plan ($44.00)
visual voicemail on both
insurance on both.

i pay about 150 a month.

EDIT: forgot to mention the 24% corporate discount

Last edited:

JayMonster

Reaction score
I suspect a lot of the "surprises" are because of pro-rated bills. This is a problem somtimes because... for example... you have a 450 minute a month plan and you trade up mid month... but you've used 400 minutes of your plan already. Well, when they pro-rate the bill for 1/2 a month, now you have 225 minutes and you get billed for "overage" on the remainder minutes.

Other than that, there really should be no "surprises" on the bill so long as you know what you are paying for ahead of time. (usually the "feature phone" people are annoyed with the data cost raising the price, but that shoulnd't be a surprise... it comes with the Smart Phone territory).