You Can Use Your Galaxy Note Edge Left Handed

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3035168-slide-s-7-samsung-note-edge-slideshow.jpg

Some call it revolutionary others call it gimmicky. The Galaxy Note Edge brings some new functionality and features to the Galaxy lineup with its curved screen. This could be the first in a whole new line of bendable or flexible, curved devices. It seems as though Samsung is testing the waters here to see if the market even cares for this type of feature. The curved edge allows you to easily access apps, while freeing up space on your homescreen, access social feeds, access news feeds, stock tickers, and more. The only downside to the Note Edge for some will be the fact that it is designed for right handers. You can actually use the edge left handed.

To use left handed:
-Settings
-Edge Screen Settings
-Enable Rotate 180 degrees
-Turn phone upside down
-Enjoy

Via AndroidCentral

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
turn it upside down huh.... seems like they should remove the physical home button and capacitive buttons for on screen buttons

It adds onscreen buttons when you turn it over to replace the physical buttons that have now moved up top.

They should have made the home button another speaker though. You obviously can't make a phone call without speaker phone with it upside down.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I will be skinning them to be more transparent. My phone feels better in the hand upside down because my case has a sharp edge on it by the charging port that doesn't feel great they way I hold it.

I will say that they nailed the implementation of it as they are super un-intrusive.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm a fan of hardware buttons. The only way I could see myself not using hardware would be to use gestures.

The next thing I think they should work on is using the side bezels for speakers.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I liked the onscreen buttons on the Galaxy Nexus. Well...I say I liked them, but really they weren't much different than the dedicated buttons on the s4 and Note with the exception of the physical home button, which I use more often for turning my screen on than the power button.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Since Samsung went all iPhone on me with the movement of the power button to the top of the phone I have been using the suggested app by Smalltowngirl Screen Off and Lock. It sits in my sidebar at thumbs length which is better than using the top power button.

I would have preferred them to just place the power button on the left side next to the volume rockers, but they didn't have much choice I guess.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Since Samsung went all iPhone on me with the movement of the power button to the top of the phone I have been using the suggested app by Smalltowngirl Screen Off and Lock. It sits in my sidebar at thumbs length which is better than using the top power button.

I would have preferred them to just place the power button on the left side next to the volume rockers, but they didn't have much choice I guess.
That would drive me nuts too. Got some serious muscle memory there now. I'd be swiping that edge screen every time I went to shut the screen off without thinking about it.

I suppose the left side by the volume rocker would cause issues depending on how you hold the device too, but that's one heck of a jostle to get a finger to the top to shut it off with one hand, or a two-handed operation every time.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I was using the wife's Note 4 last night and caught myself swiping the side of her phone where my sidebar is on my Edge. She was looking at me funny and laughing.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I You obviously can't make a phone call without speaker phone with it upside down.
But does anyone actually put this thing up their ear anyways? Isn't this one of those newfangled "bluetooth only" devices? lol

S5 tap'n

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
3035168-slide-s-7-samsung-note-edge-slideshow.jpg

Some call it revolutionary others call it gimmicky. The Galaxy Note Edge brings some new functionality and features to the Galaxy lineup with its curved screen. This could be the first in a whole new line of bendable or flexible, curved devices. It seems as though Samsung is testing the waters here to see if the market even cares for this type of feature. The curved edge allows you to easily access apps, while freeing up space on your homescreen, access social feeds, access news feeds, stock tickers, and more. The only downside to the Note Edge for some will be the fact that it is designed for right handers. You can actually use the edge left handed.

To use left handed:
-Settings
-Edge Screen Settings
-Enable Rotate 180 degrees
-Turn phone upside down
-Enjoy

Via AndroidCentral

^
wrong.jpg