Samsung Galaxy S6 To Include Dual-Edge Flexible Display [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-youm-bent-display-concept-device-2.jpg

It's time for Samsung rumors to start ramping up apparently. The newest claims from the phantom world of media hype suggest that Samsung is finally ready to ramp up production of their YOUM flexible displays and the Galaxy S6 will be their first device to prove that. Supposedly, the next generation Galaxy product from Sammy will have a display very similar to what we see in the Galaxy Note Edge.

The main difference between the Galaxy S6 and the Note Edge will be that the Galaxy S6 will be launched with a ‘dual-edged’ screen which is curved on both the right and left sides. Interestingly, the source of this intel claims that the Galaxy Note Edge was meant to have the slope on both sides as well, but for some reason Samsung decided at the last minute to limit the "edge" of the Edge to only one edge.

Additional hinted specs of the phone suggest it will include a Quad HD display, a Snapdragon 810 processor, a 20 MP rear camera with optical image stabilization, and an upgraded 5 MP front-facing camera.

Is it too soon for these rumors yet? Maybe not... the Galaxy S6 will likely get launched early next year.

Source: PhoneArena

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I like the edge concept and wonder what goodies Sammy has in store for dual edges.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Dual edge. I could see one edge on the side and one on the bottom. Not sure what the benefit of having two side edges would be.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's a logical step. Should be very interesting.

I agree with Ollie. Can't really see what you'd do with the second edge on the side. Rather than one on the bottom, I'd like to see one on the top. check your notifications by simply peeking into your pocket instead of sliding the phone out a little bit? Sign me up! Of course, then they'd have to put a weird bump in it or move the headphone jack from their long-standing top position...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
They showcased a YOUM phone at CES 2012 or 13 that had a curved bottom screen.

2013-01-11_17-31-12-e1357955807455.png

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Kudos for being innovative.
But in the end... Gimmick.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Kudos for being innovative.
But in the end... Gimmick.
At this point, I agree. These seem to be more like proof-of-concepts rather than devices that are ready for the masses to adopt.

Guess we'll see when the numbers come in on the edge though...

Sent from my Note 4