Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Teaser Reveals Curved Edge Screen!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Alleged-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-teaser-reveals-curved-edge-screen.jpg

84135150deec985e2c43de6b1ef9d63a.jpg

Teaser for the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 confirms the name of the device and the use of curved edges on the screen. The picture also had on the the bottom of it " Write on the Edge of Something Great"! So the Alleged teaser is hinting that the phone will be an Note 7 Edge with supposedly features curved edges on both the front and back of the device.

Source

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I just don't know how I feel about a curved device.... I need to be able to put a case on it to protect it for work. I may have to go to a Note 5 and wait on the 8.......

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get my wife to take my S7 Edge so I can get the Note 7. Curved display clinches it for me. Now I just need to talk her into it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I hate the curved edge. My wife had an S7 Edge and it was just odd. The colors were off on the edges because it changed the viewing angles and to me made the edges useless. Then when you had to touch something on the edge it was awkward and imprecise. Just because you can curve the screen doesn't mean you should. Give people options who don't want the curved edge.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I have an S7 Edge for work and I just don't see the need for the edge display. I have setup it up to show sports scores and some other stuff but I never remember that it's there and the only time I do remember that I have the feature is if I accidentally swipe it over at which point it becomes annoying because that's not what I wanted to swipe over to lol. Then there's the accidental screen press when holding the phone :mad:. I wish now that I had stayed with my original order for the regular S7.....oh well.

Gremlin

Reaction score
i have S7 edge for work. and love the phone. I use the edge for sport scores basically. Will be getting the note 7 hopefully when it comes out. There are rumors that there will be a version with no edge as well .. Have to wait and see

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an S7 Edge for work and I just don't see the need for the edge display. I have setup it up to show sports scores and some other stuff but I never remember that it's there and the only time I do remember that I have the feature is if I accidentally swipe it over at which point it becomes annoying because that's not what I wanted to swipe over to lol. Then there's the accidental screen press when holding the phone :mad:. I wish now that I had stayed with my original order for the regular S7.....oh well.

I think you would be disappointed in the comparable battery life.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I wish they put vibration in a phone you can actually feel. I miss messages ALL the time due to it being loud where I'm at and I don't feel the phone vibrate.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm thinking for some reason this curved edge will be different than current s7 edge ...

6S PLUS

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I think that this is how it is going to look . Both sides are curved. At least this is what I am hoping.

7803fae3803487d79fee3b4361ec3e13.jpg

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I switched to a s7 edge from a note 5 and I really like it so far.

The edge display is something I've gotten used to and it really doesn't serve much of a purpose for normal use. I mean it's a really cool display but not sure it's necessary. Swiping from either side has a cool effect but I got so used to it already.

I've been streaming alot lately and I have to admit it's made for a bit more immersive experience but I'd be completely happy with the device if it didn't have an edge either.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Note 4, I went back to the vzw store a week later so my wife could buy one also. The salesman tried to get me to trade mine in on the just released Note 4 Edge. I looked at it and did not care for it.
I've been pretty hyped about the Note7 arriving, but if it's an edge, I will pass.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just knowing how often I use the phone one handed I don't see this working out for me if the edge is the only option. It seems strange not to offer both variants.