Would the P2 still be worthwhile this late in the game??

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So I've been waiting patiently for my return to Android. Been on iOS for the last three years and I am pretty tired and bored of it.

So Best Buy has a pretty good deal on the P2 and P2 XL right now. $150 and $300 off respectively. No trade in or new line required. Add in the current trade in value of my 7+ and I could get the XL 64gb for $215 or the 128gb for $315. Broke up over 24 months of course.

Should I jump on this deal or wait it out for the P3? My worry is the P3 will not be that much of an upgrade. And may be a downright disappointment. And the other worry is by the time it drops the new iPhones will already have been announced and the value of my 7+ will probably drop. Good thing would be is promised upgrades for three years and the free added second year warranty. So that would take me until it was paid off with no loss of promo credits.

Should I go all in or wait it out?

Tap'd from my 7+

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I've been waiting patiently for my return to Android. Been on iOS for the last three years and I am pretty tired and bored of it.

So Best Buy has a pretty good deal on the P2 and P2 XL right now. $150 and $300 off respectively. No trade in or new line required. Add in the current trade in value of my 7+ and I could get the XL 64gb for $215 or the 128gb for $315. Broke up over 24 months of course.

Should I jump on this deal or wait it out for the P3? My worry is the P3 will not be that much of an upgrade. And may be a downright disappointment. And the other worry is by the time it drops the new iPhones will already have been announced and the value of my 7+ will probably drop. Good thing would be is promised upgrades for three years and the free added second year warranty. So that would take me until it was paid off with no loss of promo credits.

Should I go all in or wait it out?

Tap'd from my 7+
The rumors right now for the p3 Anand p3xl is that it will be identical to the 2 and 2xl with a notch. So that being the case I would wait for it to get closer to release date and pick up the 2 or 2xl.

I've already voiced that if the p3 and p3xl end up being 4gb of RAM I'm holding on to my 2xl.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The rumors right now for the p3 Anand p3xl is that it will be identical to the 2 and 2xl with a notch. So that being the case I would wait for it to get closer to release date and pick up the 2 or 2xl.

I've already voiced that if the p3 and p3xl end up being 4gb of RAM I'm holding on to my 2xl.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Do you really think I would get a better deal than the one BB has now? I'm worried about the trade value of my 7+ dropping substantially when the new fleet of IPhones is announced.

My daughter jumped in on the deal back in June where the P2 was 50% off and she got a $200 trade in credit on a market value of $85 on her iPhone 7. Right a where I'd be if I traded in now.

Tap'd from my 7+

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you really think I would get a better deal than the one BB has now? I'm worried about the trade value of my 7+ dropping substantially when the new fleet of IPhones is announced.

My daughter jumped in on the deal back in June where the P2 was 50% off and she got a $200 trade in credit on a market value of $85 on her iPhone 7. Right a where I'd be if I traded in now.

Tap'd from my 7+
Good point. Depends on your approach. If you're going to sell it on swappa then yes because it's like the iPhone. Once the new model is on shelves they are practically giving the last year's models away. So I expect them to do the same for the pixel 2xl.

But that is dependent on the condition of the 7 and if you feel like going through the swappa headache.

But I can understand you jumping on the deal right now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm still very happy with my OG Pixel XL. I keep thinking maybe I'll upgrade to the 3, but the closer we get to it launching, the more I think this phone might actually see me 2 years or betond, which hasn't happened in a very long time, if ever...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
The P2 or P2XL is a Great device. Maybe the P3 gets an 845 vs the 835 processor (Big Whoop) I would grab the deal in a heartbeat.

You could drop your 7 anything can happen. I have the P2XL. Best phone I've ever had or that I've seen in my family.

Running it with a Spigen rugged armor case and an amfilm TG SP. Great set-up IMO

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I’d jump on the deal as well ...great phone and from what I see with the new Pixel 3 cash savings outweighs the SOC ...

iPhone X

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I’d jump on the deal as well ...great phone and from what I see with the new Pixel 3 cash savings outweighs the SOC ...

iPhone X

Great thing is I'll only be $215 in and can pay it off any any time since no credits are involved. I'll probably pay it off over a couple of months and be ahead of the game. Maybe I'll end up with a 2 and 3.

Tap'd from my 7+

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Great thing is I'll only be $215 in and can pay it off any any time since no credits are involved. I'll probably pay it off over a couple of months and be ahead of the game. Maybe I'll end up with a 2 and 3.

Tap'd from my 7+
it's a win win.. you won't be disappointed with the phone IMO

LG G7

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
it's a win win.. you won't be disappointed with the phone IMO

LG G7

How you like that G7 bk? It was on my short list. And my girlfriend is going to be switching to Android soon so I'm trying to talk her into it over the S9. Both of them are very user friendly for Android noobies and those not into serious customizing. But I'm just leery of Samsung. She didn't like her first Android try a few years ago. But with Apple totally getting rid of fingerprint scanners, she is done with them.

Tap'd from my 7+

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
How you like that G7 bk? It was on my short list. And my girlfriend is going to be switching to Android soon so I'm trying to talk her into it over the S9. Both of them are very user friendly for Android noobies and those not into serious customizing. But I'm just leery of Samsung. She didn't like her first Android try a few years ago. But with Apple totally getting rid of fingerprint scanners, she is done with them.

Tap'd from my 7+
It's a solid phone..it ticks plenty of the boxes and although not AMOLED screen it looks crisp to me... it's a toss up between Samsung and LG they both have strengths.. both are better than ever IMO since our older days.. I don't like the duplicate apps both bring with me using Google apps but I was able to disable most... camera is solid and speakers are as well.. Nova launcher with it perfect for use... I won't be keeping this one though as I still prefer my Pixel XL over it... if the Pixel had wireless charging I'd be perfect lol... what carrier are you guys on?

LG G7

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
It's a solid phone..it ticks plenty of the boxes and although not AMOLED screen it looks crisp to me... it's a toss up between Samsung and LG they both have strengths.. both are better than ever IMO since our older days.. I don't like the duplicate apps both bring with me using Google apps but I was able to disable most... camera is solid and speakers are as well.. Nova launcher with it perfect for use... I won't be keeping this one though as I still prefer my Pixel XL over it... if the Pixel had wireless charging I'd be perfect lol... what carrier are you guys on?

LG G7

We are on VZW. We looked at switching to T-Mo but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Actually VZW switched me to the previous unlimited plan which ended up being the same as I was paying for my regular data plan.

Tap'd from my 7+

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
We are on VZW. We looked at switching to T-Mo but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Actually VZW switched me to the previous unlimited plan which ended up being the same as I was paying for my regular data plan.

Tap'd from my 7+
Nice... not too shabby...that definitely works..

I'm hearing they will have a BOGO on the new Note 9 just don't know if it's new lines or any upgrades..

LG G7

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

I'm hearing they will have a BOGO on the new Note 9 just don't know if it's new lines or any upgrades..

LG G7
Probably new lines. They (vzw) don't give a crap about good customers wine been with them for years. The wife wanted to upgrade recently & we do the payment plans. They were doing BOGO on pixels. I didn't NEED to upgrade, but figured I'd probably want to before her phone was paid off. Only for new lines. Luckily, she got an S8 from someone for free.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

LG G7

Oh I can guarantee it will be a bogo with a new line. That is the trend. They might have a good deal on the Note 8. But she doesn't want that because of the scanner placement. For me it would work because I hold my phone left handed.

Tap'd from my 7+