Would the P2 still be worthwhile this late in the game??

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
So I've been waiting patiently for my return to Android. Been on iOS for the last three years and I am pretty tired and bored of it.

So Best Buy has a pretty good deal on the P2 and P2 XL right now. $150 and $300 off respectively. No trade in or new line required. Add in the current trade in value of my 7+ and I could get the XL 64gb for $215 or the 128gb for $315. Broke up over 24 months of course.

Should I jump on this deal or wait it out for the P3? My worry is the P3 will not be that much of an upgrade. And may be a downright disappointment. And the other worry is by the time it drops the new iPhones will already have been announced and the value of my 7+ will probably drop. Good thing would be is promised upgrades for three years and the free added second year warranty. So that would take me until it was paid off with no loss of promo credits.

Should I go all in or wait it out?

Tap'd from my 7+

I picked up my Pixel 2 XL two days ago( 3Jan19), and i'm glad that i did. Does everything that i need it to do as my daily driver.:p

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I picked up my Pixel 2 XL two days ago( 3Jan19), and i'm glad that i did. Does everything that i need it to do as my daily driver.:p
Solid phone ...I keep going back to it as my daily driver

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have no complaints about the 2XL other than some delayed unlocking when the Play Music app is running. The screen freezes for a bit then unlocks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I have no complaints about the 2XL other than some delayed unlocking when the Play Music app is running. The screen freezes for a bit then unlocks.

Hmmm no issues here with Google music ...are you running latest stock ?

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't messed with my phone since the 6P. It's happened on every device since then. When I have music playing and the screen turns off, if I go to turn the screen on and unlock it'll either lag it freeze up for a few seconds. It doesn't do it every time, but enough to annoy me.